Good Morning - Saturday 28/8/21

Good Morning everyone.

Forecast for today says warm but cloudy - might cut back the hedges and pollard a couple of small trees before my bungalow vanishes like Aurora’s castle!

Some brambles ripe enough to harvest as well - and a Sainsbury’s delivery due - which means Bramble and Apple crumble may be on the menu!

Also arriving today from Amazon - ‘Endeavour’ series 7, DVD - so that takes care of tonight’s entertainment.

Once the deliveries have been - will wander down to the village Post Office and send that 50th birthday card on it’s journey - first to Reading, and from there to Berkshire - to be delivered by hand. It’s a good job I can make boxes!!

Have a happy day!

2 Likes

Morning Tabby, and everyone :wave: It might be another lovely day today, which is good - too early to tell yet as its still dark! Got a few things to do out and about, and a couple of creative projects to try. Have a lovely day everybody! :smiley:

1 Like

That sounds intriguing!

1 Like

Going to try and make a little kite! :wink: :kite: I have everything bu the dowel sticks, so I’m getting them today. Also going to try making a puppet (y’know the old fashioned ones with strings?) I have the heads done and the clothes, just need to attach them together!

3 Likes

Cool but warming up over the next few days.

Only three more days of Winter to go Woohoo! Roll on Wednesday and the joys of Spring, my shorts are out and ready in anticipation ;-).

Wasn’t going to go for my walk this arvo because my back was playing up but eventually did which I was glad of.

My bloody fridge is playing up so fired up my standby and moved everything in. The damn thing is probably 10 years old but I hate it, a Samsung and I can see why it was on a very special price when i bought it. The freezer section works fine but I think the heater in the gallery to the fridge part is faulty either burned out or the drain is blocked. Bastard!

Anyway have a good one.

1 Like

Good Morning All.
Nice start to the day, Chocolate Cake and Coffee

Now doing what I always do…go and walk it off…
Skies are clear no wind as yet… :innocent:
Bruce a fridge cannot be called that B word…impossible they are two Frigid…
Trixie is up to tricks and Silver Tabby has got the cream…
I have no idea of my day as yet…
Have some fun whatever you do…

1 Like

The crumble first to Melbourne please.

1 Like

:innocent:

2 Likes

Hi

Good Morning All.

A dry day forecast, max 20c, a nice temperature for the garden, a gentle potter around.

Have a good day all.

good morning and same here weatherwise, being a bank holiday weekend won’t be going anywhere other than the garden and tv for grand prix, and touring cars. Might start with some watering, in particular the ferns, have a nice weekend

Good morning all, it’s cold, very windy, miserable and spitting of rain.
Nothing planned for me today.
Have a nice day all.

Morning all.

A coffee morning again at my local cafe.
Then afterwards a longer walk for Holly, and I might try and tackle more rubbish clearance. I’ve half a mind to call in a local firm to take stuff away.

Good morning everyone, a brighter start here but a definite feel of autumn in the air at the forest.

No plans yet for the day but there are still berries to pick and the odd weed to pull.

Enjoy your day folks :blush:

Morning all.

Grey and dull here, weathers not so good either :laughing:
Have no plans for the day, if I do they get changed by management.

1 Like

Good morning everyone!

It’s frightfully cold here. The last stranglehold of winter… come 1 September and it’s Spring!!!

Can’t wait for warmer weather days poolside :sunglasses:

Not much planned- indoors and probably a nice chicken curry dinner on the menu

1 Like

So what do you class as cold Minx, I thought it was always hot in Africa? :thinking:

Winter here averages -1 degree Celsius Barry. In other parts -4/5 etc

Wow, is that just overnight or daytime too?

Mostly overnight but with a severe cold front, it would be during the daytime as well.

1 Like

Bit grey but mild in my part of the country. Promises to get better but will hold fire on making plans. Grass a bit dewy but hopefully will get cut later. :+1: