Good Morning Monday 25/7/2022

Hi

Good Morning All

Very dull and windy here and a very noisy night,some very ill patients.

Loads of tests before the Consultants come, Monday is a big discharge day.

No respite for the nurses with school age kids, today being the first day of the summer holidays.

I want to go home,I need some sleep.

Have a good day all

2 Likes

Good morning, all!

Swim feeders - do hope itā€™s not too long before you are back at home having ā€˜properā€™ rest a recovery.

Heading out to do a little training but I do have a meeting this afternoon (couldnā€™t get it in before the end of term). Once that has finished my holidays officially start.

I have on recommendation from my students to watch Stranger Things and The Boys. I may have a look but I intend to spend quality time with John Connolly to finish The Nameless Ones in the Charlie Parker series and then purchase The Furies - my treat for this year.

Enjoy the day all!

@swimfeeders - You have to be fit to survive in hospital - especialy nights and weekends. Howā€™s the escape tunnel doing?

Good Morning/Afternoon everyone.

Should be cooler here today. We have been promised some rain and thereā€™s a 22% chance of thunder.

I will be in the Craft Room - shortening a necklace for a friend and playing with my new dies - they are designed to make a table decoration - but - while I was working with them yesterday I thought of something else they might do - not sure if it will work but will have a go!

We had an outbreak of black helicopters here earlier on - not sure what that was all about.

Have a fun day!

Good morning all, the sun is just coming out here.

Off into Town this morning.

Hope they discharge you soon Swimmers.

Have a nice day all.

Cool but sunny.

Got my bedding washed then wandered over to the supermarket to buy milk and other groceries

Dismantled an old sofa ready to take to the dump.

Another exciting day

Enjoy yours

Good morning everybody.

Housework is beckoning & Iā€™ll probably go a walk round the park with Tony.

Hope you get your discharge soon swimmy.

Have a good day allā€¦

Good morning all!

On my third coffee.
I bought a French Press a couple of days ago from Amazon.
Iā€™ve used the glass ones way back when but this oneā€™s double walled steel , a big improvement!

Housework to do, a couple of emails to send and itā€™ll be time for a spot of blackberry picking, that crumble doesnā€™t make itself :wink:

Enjoy your day folks :slightly_smiling_face:

Morning all.

No plans for today. Tescos can wait a couple of daysā€¦

Aftā€™noon Monday.

Been doing some washing, and dead-heading lots of plants.

Iā€™ve got a poorly doggy here, :unamused: so the vet has booked her in this afternoon.
She is really worrying me now, sheā€™s so withdrawn and lethargic, and I canā€™t get her to touch any food. :cry:

1 Like

Oh no, hope they will be okay. Sending get well wishes. X

1 Like

Hope your Vet gets doggy better soon Mups.

1 Like

Poor little Gertie - I hope they can help her.

1 Like

Thank you for your good wishes Jazzi, Susie, Morti and Tabs. And Yes Tabby, it is Gertie again, with her poorly tummy.

Wonā€™t go into it too much on the Good Morning thread, but she keeps getting stomach pains, itā€™s been going on and off for months now. Gertie canā€™t handle even the slightest bit of pain, and immediately takes to her bed and calls her servant to attend!
Ideally, she would like to be held and cuddled all day long, until she feels better. Cuddles always put her little world right.
I have never in my life had a drama queen like her, but because she is like that, it makes it very difficult to judge just how much genuine pain she really is in.

Sheā€™s had a camera down her throat a while back, because they suspected stomach ulcers at one point, but couldnā€™t see anything much wrong, just a little inflammation.
She was refusing all food today though, and was also passing blood from both ends, so she wasnā€™t faking it htis time, and that is what worried me today.

After 3 injections and a special tablet, and loads of meds to bring home plus a return visit on Wednesday, and a lab test sample to pay for, sheā€™d better pull her finger out and get better sharpish, else Iā€™ve told her Iā€™m taking her to the Charity Shop. image

1 Like

well what a day today has been,not. First did the daily walk then got a phone call from The DRā€™s wanting me to go in later on this week with results of blood test, seems cholesterol bit high but results could have been worse I suppose. Just realised we donā€™t have a hard copy of car insurance which i like to keep in the car but the car is insured anyway with automatic renewal. Heard a cousin of mine had a funeral my Sister and I knew nothing about until a couple of days ago. Another cousin David has gone blind in one eye (only 6 month between our ages) and Sheila another cousin has gone blind as well. This makes me think glaucoma is in the family on my mothers side, thank goodness it was picked up at my opticians and dealt with at the hospital with a ā€œstentā€ inserted behind one eye and drops for the other.

The camera insurance issue now resolved I hope but still unhappy with a bulk valuation not individual items listed, but what can one do?
Apart from all that nothing much happed today

1 Like

RS, is that a good idea, keeping such paperwork in the car?

1 Like

Jazzi it makes no difference really it is on DVLA and insurance companies anyway. It is just a hangover from when we had to produce if stopped by the police. May be better just to keep it at home with mot cert. Just another thing not to do is put you home on the car sat nav

My uncle once kept everything in his car. It was stolen and put up for sale on a local garage forecourt. Because the ā€˜thiefā€™ had every bit of paperwork, my uncle didnā€™t have a leg to stand on to get it back. Donā€™t think he made that mistake again.

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly what I thought too, Jazzi. I would never leave private paperwork in the car.

Years ago the police asked for my insurance, and I told them I donā€™t carry about with me, and they give you 7 days to produce it at the station. Much safer that way.

1 Like

just removed all relevent car paperwork now and kept indoors

1 Like