Good morning February 1st

Another slobbing around day, except for some housework and some bulk cooking. Could get used to this retirement lark. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good afternoon all, sunny and quite a pleasant 12°C here.

An easier day to handle with a bit of sunshine promised. It’s -8 deg C, but 17 deg F looks better to me!
Might even take a long walk later. This holing up for two days is for the birds!

Have a cheerful day everyone.

3 Likes

Aww, I love that picture. So cute! I was dreading February for a couple personal reasons, but that picture brightened up my outlook a tiny bit. Thanks.

1 Like

Mine, too, Butterscotch! Had to share it :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

We found a new-to-us farm shop this morning that actually sold dry cured oak smoked back bacon so we bought enough to last us for the next 3 Sunday breakfasts. We also bought 2 snake and pygmy pies (Friday night’s dinner with oven chips) and a very large cream scone for tea tonight.

1 Like

WHAT??!!!

You not heard of snake and Pygmy pies? :joy: (or steak and kidney if you prefer)

2 Likes

Aye, Steak & Kidney is normal…that snake & pygmy stuff…well I was about to call PETA! :joy:

2 Likes

You cannot beat dry cured bacon - our local butcher prepares his own and it is delicious.

1 Like

Is that PETAs pies :joy:

1 Like

Oh Ha Ha, very funny! :roll_eyes: :joy:

1 Like

Talking about tradespeople, or lack of, my sister needs new garden fencing. Part has blown in the wind so meaning her garden is open. I have been on FB and got quite a lot of names and companies for her to call, in the hope at least one turns up for a quote!

Our kitchen doors need replacing the foil has lifted , the supplier no longer does the colour, which in effect means replacing cornices, pelmets , end panels,

We used to call them Kate and Sydney pies 'round 'ere! :grin:

3 Likes

Just thought I’d mention that tomorrow will be 2.2.22

Then the next similar occurrence will be on 22.2.22

But the next time that will happen won’t be until 3.3.33

2 Likes

Well…
Not wanting to be pedantic…
It’s 02.02.2022
and in th US of A…
02.02.2022!!

You’re a pedant! :wink:

That’s cos you’re posh.

Our local butcher buys it in and the quality is variable to say the least.

:lol: Not heard that one before.