Going too far with pampering pet

Like Bruce said - here in Australia roaming cats are a huge menace to native animals.
as well as risk to themselves getting run over in traffic

If you have a cat in Australia it should be an indoor cat - or have a cat run (an enclosed area in your garden)
A huge cage, if you like - ‘cage’; just gives it negative connotation

Cats and dogs are domesticated animals now, not their ‘natural selves’. Dogs in nature wouldn’t be on leads either - but I don’t think anyone suggests letting them roam freely everywhere

But if people don’t think that is the way to have a pet cat - in Australia at least, don’t have one.

I may be an outlier but I think having a cat or dog in a very hot country is not advisable. I remember this beautiful husky in Dubrovnik. I don’t know how high the temperature was on the city walls but maybe 30c (at least). The dog owner was stopping to give the poor dog water from his bottle. There was no shelter from the sun. Poor dog loyal to his owner following him everywhere. I don’t think the dog was on a lead (many well trained dogs don’t need one). Unfortunately it’s not mandatory to train humans before they are allowed to own a pet.

1 Like

Sadly.

All pet owners should have to take some sort of knowledge test before getting a pet. I know it sounds unfeasible, and it would be (even dog licences were phased out in the UK, and recently “mandatory” microchips have been introduced to no avail. Nobody actually gets held accountable) because nobody wants to learn how to be the best owner for their chosen pet.

1 Like

Yes a Plant of the Right Sort Then…Like Cat NIP

:lol:

1 Like

Just thought of some More just Now…

Pussytoes (Antennaria,
kitten-tails (Besseya bullii),
cattails (Typha spp.),
pussy willow (Salix discolor)
:smiley_cat:
Also people are so Wrong about Manipulated A1 Photos 'cause I just took this snap of my One to prove that… :open_mouth:
cat normal behaviour for tea time

2 Likes

Haha! Love your photos Dianne :smiley:

I have an old neighbourhood rescue cat, and he won’t even let me pick him up yet never mind tuck him in bed with his own TV :frowning:

1 Like

That’s one long cat, if that’s its tail poking through the footboard :laughing:

Was that A Cat Spitting Trix?
cat-spit-cat

maybe was a cyclist passing…
cat bike gif

1 Like

Oh he doesn’t spit, hiss or claw. He just digs his claws into the carpet and clings on for dear life while squeaking in horror at leaving the floor.
Poor thing has a lot of anxiety issues

1 Like

I’d say on yer bike whether its a spitting creature or a stranger. making that kind of a noise before I even had me first cup of Whiskey :coffee: this fine Day…

1 Like

Oh I agree…he gets quite bold when he wants fed at 4am though. Quite happy to stroll around on the sofa and coffee table then isn’t he…!

1 Like

That’s when he has not taken over the remote again though…
cat-relaxing

1 Like

Went looking for a suitable strutting cat Gif, but Dianne beat me to it! :smiley:

1 Like
1 Like

try doing a bit of storage beforehand…After all those so called Males are pretty pre dic able really wouldn’t you…say Trix?

1 Like

Yes indeed, Dianne…I shall remember to do that! :+1:

I finks the Whiskey is having some affects now… :clown_face:

1 Like

Girl Power

I’ll save that for later…not sure I could cope with caterwauling so early in the morning!

1 Like