Going too far with pampering pet

2 Likes

Haha! Just a little bit. Its cute though, I suppose :smiley:

Wot ever rocks your boatā€¦As I live far away from Grand Children and now they have childrenā€¦So would never see them and some maybe I donā€™t actually knowā€¦Facebook Photos of them all are good to view butā€¦ :open_mouth:

guess mine just wore Babygroā€™s day and night for many monthsā€¦
Now this is how that Grand Daughter is now with life in generalā€¦so in the bigger photos your are more humorousā€¦ :woozy_face:

good griefā€¦ at least the cat is lovedā€¦

I realise now when I edit to improve the set out of the paragraphs ...that is when it goes haywire....

oh well start overā€¦dinerā€™s upā€¦bye

Phewā€¦repeat after the Ghosts medalledā€¦
But they are truly Loved but the attention is what worries meā€¦Even her lovely sister whom I adore is down to earth and much more ā€˜normalā€™ with your very happy children and loving Hubby.
Every photos there is of them tells a happy timeā€¦not OTT like the younger oneā€¦
They are from Newcastle Upon Tyne so being a Southern we are of a different breed and that is true of course of many placesā€¦(just as the French various community areas are the same of course)ā€¦ just have been to their Parents house the one time and have bad memories of that Boxing Dayā€¦best forgotten now though

this is most certainly AI generated because no cat would agree to this arrangement.

1 Like

If a cat wanted to use a computer ,it would be sprawled over yours while you are trying to.

2 Likes

It does make me laugh but occasionally you will see an oldish lady (or man) pushing a pushchair containing a dog or a cat. It seems to be more common in caravan parks.

1 Like

There are a few people round my way who have these pushchairs for pets. I think its a great idea if the mobility of a pet isnā€™t that great, due to age or illness.

1 Like

I see young trendy families pushing a dog in a pram in the shopping centre. It seems to be a thing. Maybe itā€™s easier to shop and not leave the dog at home? A lot of shops donā€™t want a dog running around but are ok if itā€™s in a pram.

My idea of wierdness is people walking a cat on a lead. I can kind of understand why people who live in a high rise might do this, although is it fair on the cat? There seems to be a trend for ā€œindoor catsā€ which again is something I wouldnā€™t agree with given a catā€™s nature is to be free to come and go.

1 Like

Ive seen them at the dog park.

You can actually buy pushchairs specifically for dogs

Good idea for when your dog is old and still wants to go for a walk but cant actually walk much

yes thatā€™s another good reason for it. itā€™s more responsible than leaving a dog in the car. Although I think Bruce may have meant a more eccentric older lady personality who sees the pet as a baby.

1 Like

Indoor cats break my heart. I believe its more common in the US, than UK though. Iā€™ve seen videos of houses in the US where their entire house is covered in walkway shelving all over their walls so the cats can exercise!

I have seen cats in harnesses here as wellā€¦It keeps the cat safe, but quite unnatural for them. Cats like to roam around and arenā€™t as biddable as a dog might be.

1 Like

If it is a choice between and indoor cat or all cats being put down then indoor cat it is.

Cats kill millions of native animals every night, personally I think all cats should be neutered so eventually there are none left excpt the feral ones which are notoriously difficult to cull.

Judging by nextdoor itā€™s definitely becoming v popular in Britain too. Many people do not want to let their high pedigree cat out. The irony is that they are often great animal lovers.

1 Like

Have you seen the ā€œCatioā€? Its basically a large cage at the back of the house (attached or not) where the cat can go and ā€œplayā€.

Catios | Large Spacious Outdoor Cat Enclosures | Omlet

Edited to add - if you canā€™t let a pet be its natural self, you should really consider getting a plant.

1 Like

Bruce I have come to the conclusion that having any pet is a totally selfish human behaviour trait. Cats and dogs do have their uses though. Keeping down the rat population (cats) and guarding the house, alarm clock, advance postage/delivery notification service before delivery driver has chance to run back to van (dogs).

1 Like

I have seen posts like this on nextdoor. People videoing their pet trying to get out of such cages and saying how cute it is.

1 Like

I agree with you about having pets as being selfish (even though Iā€™m a pet owner). Dogs & cats are being bred for us, not staying true to the pet themselves.

If a cat or a dog was allowed to revert to its particular breed/nature, nobody would be able to cope with them!

1 Like