Going too far with pampering pet

I’d say on yer bike whether its a spitting creature or a stranger. making that kind of a noise before I even had me first cup of Whiskey :coffee: this fine Day…

1 Like

Oh I agree…he gets quite bold when he wants fed at 4am though. Quite happy to stroll around on the sofa and coffee table then isn’t he…!

1 Like

That’s when he has not taken over the remote again though…
cat-relaxing

1 Like

Went looking for a suitable strutting cat Gif, but Dianne beat me to it! :smiley:

1 Like
1 Like

try doing a bit of storage beforehand…After all those so called Males are pretty pre dic able really wouldn’t you…say Trix?

1 Like

Yes indeed, Dianne…I shall remember to do that! :+1:

I finks the Whiskey is having some affects now… :clown_face:

1 Like

Girl Power

I’ll save that for later…not sure I could cope with caterwauling so early in the morning!

1 Like

Lots of people have dogs in Australia - you just be sensible and make sure they have shade (or can get inside) and water in hot weather and take them for walks in early morning or evening.

Perhaps some breeds more suited than others, I agree, maybe not huskies, - but Australian farms have had sheepdogs forever

Ive had chihuahuas - they are native to Mexico. Bit of a stretch to say they can’t cope with hot weather.

Bohemian Catsody is brilliant !! :rofl:

Mexico is one of the most notorious countries for cruelty to dogs. I don’t even want to post details about this because it’s so upsetting. Millions of stray street dogs that keep multiplying despite barbaric monthly culling.

that may be so - but my point was simply that breeds of dogs are native to hot weather countries, eg chihuahuas in Mexico - so saying people in hot weather countries shouldn’t have dogs doesnt really make sense.

Even a Chihuahua would be suffering in the situation I described. Their foot pads would suffer on the scorching hot paving of Dubrovnik’s city’s battlements in the midday sun. You could fry an egg for sure. But at least you can pick up such a tiny dog. To take a husky into such conditions was thoughtlessly cruel. Yes certain breeds are less affected by heat, but as you say - it helps if the owners are sensible because even the hardiest breeds are not exempt from the effects of rising temperatures.

Yes I agree it would - thats what I said in my previous post - as long as you are sensible and make sure your dog has food and shade or indoor access and go for walks in early morning or i n the evening when it is very hot
No dispute there

Only with the idea that people in hot countries should not have dogs - yes they can if they are sensible about it and yes some breeds are more suited than others

… and don’t forget an insulating coat works both ways, it keeps the heat out as well as in.

Whatever next, Pigs?

Barking mad, but clever idea.