Going for a heart scan next week

Sorry Pixie, how I missed this post I don’t know.

Crikey girl, that was a biggy!!..my mother also had problems with her thyroid,I was very young at the time, she lost so much weight she told me when I was old enough to understand, she had the thyroid removed…I think she said thyroid glands, can’t remember though.
Mine is very prominent and was apparently over active, but they haven’t mentioned it in years.

So glad you are ok girl…and they caught that nasty cancer,:slight_smile:

Consultant has just rang me regarding my echo, all is well, my heart isn’t enlarged, have to stay on apixaban and the Bisoprolol, unless my heart rhythm worsens,she doesn’t want to see me for another 2 years…well pleased and relieved.

That’s good news, Pauline. :slight_smile:

Thanks Mags, I’m well pleased.

She explained that I will still get the occasional palpitations, due to mitral valve leaking for those number of years…:smiley:

Great news pauline…:smiley:
So they did manage to find a heart?..:surprised:

The echo I had about 3 weeks ago was fine too, so I can understand the relief Pauline.

Oh how glad you must feel Pauline to cast the worry aside .

Excellent news Pauline :023:

That is good news Pauline :slight_smile:
Due to Covid I had to have my last Echo privately or to wait 6+ months.
Having it done privately I got a copy , very interesting .

Reading that OGF reminds me so much of a close family member from my childhood days. She didn’t like me very much so sent me a birthday card with the wording:

Here it comes, there it goes, bless your heart it never shows!
:wink: :slight_smile:

:039: To the subject of the OP though, that positive result is good news Pauline,
I guess it takes a lot of concern off your mind. :slight_smile:

That’s great news Pauline.

Thanks OGF,:smiley:

Thanks Mups, great news for your own echo as well, look after yourself gal…:smiley:

Indeed Zuleika, the thought of having to go through that surgery again,:shock:…I can’t believe I don’t have to see the consultant again for 2 years.:-D…excellent news.

Thank you Percy,I am so relieved.:smiley:

Thank you Meg…I hope everything is ok with your echo,:slight_smile:

Thank you Baz…it takes a lot off of my mind…going through that surgery again is one, I also heard my heart surgeon is going to retire ,Mr Tony de Souza. One of the ,top surgeon at the Brompton in London…

Thanks sweetie, I can breath…:lol:

Yes, that’s a big worry off your shoulders.

Well done, Pauline & others.
I guess it’s should be expected that we see quite a few topics about heart problems.

That seems to me to be where the best NHS Support is.

One thing, though, if you are on Apixaban you might want to look up the possible side effects, i had a couple which was a bit worrying until I realised why.

Still, better that Warfarin, IMO!