Ghosts: What use are they?

Shaped like a person though…floating up from where the poor man suffered…its a soul. What else could it be? There was nothing else on the water at the time.

[quote=“Harbal, post:1, topic:86030”]
What is the purpose of ghosts? [/quote]
Nothing. They don’t exist.

Don’t be a wet blanket, Besoeker. :018:

I’m just stating the obvious.

Awww, I think Besoeker is just more logically (or scientifically) minded than us, Harbal.

I’m just an engineer. Pragmatic is my middle name.

2 Likes

Lots of people die everyday, so if that was a “soul” you would expect to see them drifting about all over the place, wouldn’t you?

1 Like

Its raining here through. They get dispersed easily with the rain drops. Plus over here, everyone looks down, not up.

Logic and a sense of humour need not be mutually exclusive. :wink:

What a pathetic explanation. :roll_eyes:

Not a lot of people appreciate my sense of humour…

1 Like

Give us an example of it, Besoeker, and lets see if they are right.

1 Like

Paranormal Locations…This was my home area from 1968-2000 so very aware of many of the Historical buildings have ghost stories…

Wherever you may live, I’m sure you have plenty of stories from the area regarding paranormal phenomena. This could be sightings of ghosts or reports of disturbed activity and many counties in England claim to have more activity than the others. If this is so then as I mentioned in my book ‘Paranormal Surrey’, how does one measure this? But here I am going to write about some of the locations of my county in Surrey that have many stories of phenomena and like all accounts, it is up to you to decide whether they are real or not?

Standing in the vast grounds of Beddington Park, Carew Manor’s original structure was built around the mid 14th Century. Related to the Carew’s of Pembrokeshire, the Manor was once the countryseat of this prominent family in Tudor times and a dynasty which would dominate the area for centuries. Indeed, in its heyday the Manor was graced by a number of royal visitors including Henry VIII, James I and most prominently Queen Elizabeth I.

In later years, two deep wings were added but soon after the building work was complete, the north wing was gutted by fire and the whole interior destroyed. This part of the house remained in disrepair for many years and was still largely empty in 1859 when Carew Manor converted into an orphanage; operating from 1866 until 1939. Underground tunnels exist around the area and these could be extensive although most of them were filled in during the later 19th Century. Although there have been many alterations over the years, the roof of the late-medieval hammer-beamed Great Hall dates from around 1500 and is the only Grade one-listed building in the London Borough of Sutton.

With such a vast history, there are of course reports of paranormal activity at the Manor. The ghosts of Sir Walter Raleigh and Queen Elizabeth I are said to haunt the grounds and at nearby Bunkers Lane but like many famous historical ghosts, this is more likely to be folklore than actual witness accounts. Poltergeist activity was reported in the north wing following the fire in the 18th Century.

A young girl has been heard laughing along the corridors and been seen walking across a small bridge linking the former infirmary and as well as dark shadows, a face has been seen staring out of an upper classroom window.

The adjoining Churchyard holds a mass grave of young girls relating from an epidemic back when the Manor was an orphanage as well as the spirit of a Nun which was seen as recently as 1972…
(Was married in that Beddington Church attached to that graveyard and she it was a very spooky day…)

There are many accounts of spectral sightings on England’s roads and Surrey is no exception. In recent years, one intriguing report that continues to have eye-witnesses concerns a sighting seen on the A22 approach to Caterham. Usually occurring in the early hours of the morning, drivers have reported seeing a young girl stumble across the road and vanish into woods opposite. Some people have been so startled by what they’ve seen, police have been called out to investigate but no one is ever found.

p.s. …Something to read over your Lunch…perhaps

Its true! A man passed me years ago, admonishing me for staring down. “Only the dead stare at the ground” he said. It was very ominous. He may have been a ghost…he seemed to know a thing or two about dead people. :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, but I am always cautious about common phenomena that only other people seem to experience. :wink:

I dont get why somebody needed to do a grafiti notice, when it is quite obvious why she crashed…she saw a Ghost in Beddington
bit of a shock for the pussy… :innocent:

6 Likes

You can make a lot of money by inventing stories about Ghosts!

All those movies, books, anecdotes…!

Don’t knock it - invest in it!

1 Like

Yeah, I bet that impact hurt her :astonished::wink::+1::grin:

1 Like

I think the Cat could be a Tom though…gosh… :scream_cat:

1 Like

The only reason ghosts exist is do Big Foot and Nessy don’t get lonely. :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: