Ghosts: What use are they?

What is the purpose of ghosts? As far as I can see, the only reason for leaving their spirit world and making an appearance in ours, is to frighten us. Why else would they only come out at night?

If this is so, it suggests that the after life is not the higher plane of existence some believe it to be. If knocking people’s ornaments off shelves, or causing their pictures to fall from the walls, or merely making bumping sounds in the night is the best entertainment they can come up with, it only makes one wonder how boring an existence they must have.

I suppose it could be that a spirit is granted a certain status when it first arrives at the afterlife. Those considered more worthy might be given access to more facilities than the less deserving spirits. Would they be given the opportunity to redeem themselves and progress to a more privileged position, I wonder. They surely wouldn’t achieve that by returning to earth in order to scare the daylights out of the living.

:ghost:

3 Likes

Why do they have to have a purpose?

1 Like

You are going to think I’m barmy now but maybe they are not ghosts at all?

I’ve had a strange encounter and its difficult to explain away but could it be time travellers from the future?

Don’t laugh because who knows what advances might be made in the future. It could be time travellers …anyway I prefer to think of these encounters as such…less scary.

3 Likes

Sounds a bit like a TL. :grinning: :biking_man:

No purpose at all I would have thought – they’re DEAD!
:thinking: :roll_eyes: :grinning:

1 Like

They serve as a warning, of going to the grave in a troubled state.

They can be accused of many things, for one they can be responsible for reducing the population somewhat.
…Ok not in a nice way though.

…The Axe Murder House

The Villisca Axe Murder House in Villisca, Iowa is a well-known tourist attraction for ghost hunters and horror lovers alike. The site of a gruesome unsolved 1912 murder, in which six children and two adults had their skulls completely crushed by the axe of an unknown perpetrator, was purchased in 1994, restored to its 1912 condition, and converted into a tourist destination. It costs $428 a night to stay at the old haunted home, where visitors always report strange paranormal experiences, such as visions of a man with an axe roaming the halls or the faint screams of children.

But in November of 2014, the haunting took a darker turn. Robert Steven Laursen Jr., 37, of Rhinelander, Wisconsin was on a regular recreational paranormal visit with friends when true horror struck. Per VICE
His companions found him stabbed in the chest—an apparently self-inflicted wound—called 9-1-1, and Laursen was brought to a nearby hospital before being helicoptered to Creighton University Medical Center in Omaha.

The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office … Laursen suffered the self-inflicted injury at about 12:45 a.m., which is around the same time the 1912 axe murders in the house began.

Don’t know why folks Ghost Hunt, the scariest ones are just round the corner.

Many I could post or you to see my point…

A Deadly Exorcism

In August 2016 in North London, 26-year-old Kennedy Ife began acting strange and aggressive following a pain in his throat. He reportedly bit his father, threatened to cut off his own penis, and complained of a python or snake inside of him before his family restrained him to a bed with cable ties and excessive force.

As the BBC reported:

“The family then set about attempting to ‘cure’ Kennedy through restraint and prayer over the next three days, the court was told.”

His brother, Colin Ife, told police:

“It’s clear that thing was in him, what we believed was a demon because it was not natural. It was clearly trying to kill him,” he said.

“We had to restrain him for himself. It was clear if we didn’t restrain him, he could have tried to harm people in our family.”

Kennedy Ife had been bound to his bed for three days without medical attention when his brother called emergency services, explaining that Kennedy Ife was complaining of dehydration. He appeared to have developed breathing issues, and was pronounced dead at 10:17 a.m.

conclusion…

As The Independent reported:

While police were at the house Colin Ife allegedly carried out an “attempted resurrection” by chanting and praying for Mr. Ife.

All seven of Kennedy Ife’s family members were accused of manslaughter, false imprisonment, and causing or allowing the death of a vulnerable adult. A post-mortem examination revealed over 60 wounds including a possible bite on Kennedy Ife’s body, and his father, Kenneth Ife, along with four of his brothers, sustained injuries as well.

The BBC reported:

Kenneth Ife told jurors he ordered his sons to take shifts and use “overwhelming force” but denied that an “association with cults, occults and secret societies” played any part in the death.

After a four day jury deliberation, all seven family members were cleared of charges on March 14, 2019.

Mainly thats why they find you first…
ooooo watch out…I’m behind you…

5 Likes

Also Spitefull watch out for their so called pets…

4 Likes

Ghosts? I’ve never read so much bull shyte in all of my life. I’ve worked and occassionally slept in one of the oldest inhabited castles in the world, and not once did I see any or even felt a single hair on the back of my neck bristle. Utter bunkum!!

3 Likes

You are looking in the wrong place.

1 Like

Ghosts are spiritual Sat Navs.

1 Like

Gonads!!

1 Like

I just looked that up…laughing here :slight_smile:

1 Like

You have led a sheltered life. :grinning: :biking_man:

1 Like

For those interested do listen to this very interesting case from BBC RADIO 4

It is a drama but using the actual information and happenings documented by an investigator who stayed with the family . Very informative and interesting . The young teenage girl who lived the experience and the energy focused on is now in her late 70s and talks of her years of experience with this poltergeist

The Battersea Poltergeist

The comparison never occurred to me, spitty, but now that you mention it… :thinking: :wink:

7 Likes