Ghosts: What use are they?

I’ll be honest, Besoeker, I don’t know how we could know that ghosts exist. But we can pretend that ghosts exist, and entertain ourselves by speculating about why they might exist, and in what way they might exist. We could even try to be funny about it, and make each other laugh a little bit. :slightly_smiling_face:

Well, you could. But I’m just a pragmatic old phart…:frowning:

I will say this with certainy.
I have heard ghosts since I was 20 years old. They have helped me know when to go to hospital and deliver my children.
I have been told who was on the phone before answering it.
I have seen ladies of the 17th century in dresses at the bottom of a stair in England while on vacation…my mother saw them, too. We didn’t discuss what we saw until two hours later. It was at a bed and breakfast built in the early 1700’s.

Many memories of mine still seem unbelievable to others, but true. I am glad to have had ghosts around looking after me all these years. Only once was I frightened…

1 Like

No. Azz didn’t do anything about it on his last flying visit, and I can’t say that I’m optimistic about his doing anything about it on his next one. It’s a shame because, despite being a friend of mine, Janet is a well behaved, intelligent person, and would be an asset to the forum. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Well so am I, sometimes. :slightly_smiling_face:

People coming back in spirit form is one thing, but their clothes accomplishing it as well only makes the matter even more mystifying. In the end, RN, we can only call upon our own experience to make sense of the world. :slightly_smiling_face:

Speaking for myself, I am glad they came dressed so I would know more about them. A puff of smoke or naked would have certainly put me off! Hahaha

1 Like

Fingers crossed we will be able to welcome her soon.
It does seem odd

1 Like

I hope so. :+1:

Was Baxter the name of a man who died in your house, perhaps?
Now a malevolent spirit, set on revenge against the present occupants?
I’d get out of that house at the earliest opportunity if I were you.

1 Like

Oh, don’t make the mistake of thinking that all ghosts are beneficial, or even innocuous.
There are those which are distinctly evil and, indeed, dangerous.

That’s true. Some have even been know to rearrange your crockery in the night. :grimacing:

Wow, what a big wuss you are :rofl:

No worries, there’s not a malevolent spirit in hell who’s match for me in a temper :rofl::muscle:t4::rage:

And if the best he can do is hide my keys he’s in for a right other worldly spanking :rofl:

2 Likes

Well I certainly admire your bravery, Mary.
At least keep some holy water in your house and a crucifix on your wall…
not that I believe in any of those silly holy relics of course.

But I believe that the spirits do.

1 Like

:+1: Well, we’ve got plenty of spirits in, mostly JackyD and Dead Mans Finger :rofl::tumbler_glass::tumbler_glass::tumbler_glass::tumbler_glass:

1 Like

I’m old enough and have enough experience to realize this, JBR. What I am saying is that my encounters were friendly and welcome. Ghosts can intimidate people who may not be as strong willed as myself. I am also “a force to be reckoned with”. :astonished:

1 Like

Well, OK, if you don’t believe in holy water and crucifix and you come back as ghost and haunt me, what am I going to use to get rid of you🤣

My winning smile, keep playing Ode to Joy, pin the EU flag over my bed, keep a fridge full of Merlot and Brie? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

By the way, did you ever get rid of that thing that followed you from your old house? :fearful:

Oh, I have heard of those who were intimidated by ghosts, even those who thought themselves as being strong willed or a force to be reckoned with.
It was really upsetting when they were eventually broken, both spiritually and even physically.

Not I, Mary. I am no spirit. Exorcising a spirit is not for the faint-hearted.
What you need is an expert. Some rely on holy persons, but bell, book and candle often fails to work. Some spirits take a great deal more - an unusually strong and convicted expert of unusual adeptness.

As for ‘that thing’ which followed me from my old house, no. Marge is still here now.

1 Like

Please explain bell book and candle

1 Like