GB News channel

You can apparently get it on Twitter, Facebook et and there’s an App.

https://www.gbnews.uk/

2 Likes

I haven’t seen it so am only going on what you said but it strikes me as a bit of a nerve to say her own mental breakdown was real and serious but other peoples might not be and are a waste of resources

A bit too much of seeing herself as more important? Who is she to judge whose mental state is serious or not?

No, I’d never watch GB News, I don’t agree with it’s concept, really

Anyone has a right to voice their opinion, but for someone influential some thought should be put into how their opinion will be interpreted and the consequences. This particular opinion distracts from the important point that mental health services are severely stretched and underfunded. Her message may encourage someone who really needs help to think that they are just “sad”.

The absolute worst thing for mental health services is for people to wait until they are at crisis point and require admission to hospital. That is very expensive, stretches exhausted services and can result in poor outcomes for recovery.

Joanna supports approx 38 charities including MIND, but that does not make her sufficiently expert to give advice to patients on access to mental health services. That advice should be left to the NHS. The last thing people who are feeling low should do is feel that they are a burden and filled with even more guilt and self loathing.

She is very articulate but does not know what she is talking about here and is out of her depth. It’s hard enough for some people to come forward to seek help and this will just send the wrong message to many who need support.

And what concept is that?

1 Like

News channels with a political or social allegiance or standpoint, like FOX

Daily Star? Benidorm?
I have never read the Daily Star and have no inclination to do so.
I have watched the TV series of the name ‘Benidorm’ and find its portrayal of the sort of people presumably you refer to very amusing. I’d never go there, of course!

No, GBNews is like neither of the examples you cite. Have you actually watched it? Perhaps you prefer news programmes which have a certain political bias with which you agree!

1 Like

Here’s Joanna being told off on Twitter by Natasha Devon MBE founder of the Mental Health Media Charter

Just my impression and yes I have watched it a few times. We had a thread about how rubbish it is on OFF last year.

I realise all media news is biased and watch every news channel to try to get an overall view.

1 Like

Really? It had barely started last year!

Yep there’s a thread somewhere on here slating it. The tinny sound, the dark lighting, the fact that they seem to be in a warehouse, etc. The thread was set up by someone just as they launched and carried on for a while. So technically this thread should be merged with that one by forum purists.

I listen to LBC radio, but when Natasha Devon comes on on a Saturday night I turn it off and switch on GB News even though I’m not keen on Neil Oliver, but I prefer him to Natasha Devon and her lecturing.

She probably gets on my nerves too. I used to switch Majid off. Iain Dale is also moving that way.

1 Like

It did have initial problems with its studio and technical issues, truly. And you used those to decide your opinion of the station now?
It is, of course, entirely up to you whether you want to watch it. Watch the BBC if you prefer it. We live in a free country… for the time being!

2 Likes

I gave it a go when it first started, but then gave up with it. Have recently gone back to it every now and again and it’s so much better than when it was when it first started and can be hilarious on occasions. I had tears running down my face when Michelle Dewsbury was discussing the guy who had something or another stuck up his botty. And I love Nana Akua she also has me in stitches. It’s completely different to other news channels.

2 Likes

No, that was just me describing the other thread. My opinion is based on the occasions that I have watched it in the last few months.

sounds like a “Benidorm” type moment

Oh I used to listen to Majid to see what ridiculous things he was coming out with and inflicting on the general public. I agree with what you say about Iain Dale, he’s definitely changed, but I’m giving him a chance, but don’t listen to him as much as I used to as I’m normally switched onto GB News now when he’s on, but I do enjoy his debates when he has four people on.

Ok just turning onto the channel now, Darren Grimes with a garish background that clashes with his pink tie. They are now doing the weather, it looks like a 70’s lava lamp. Colours still bleeding into each other. Now Lionel Shriver taking about racism accusations in Kate Clanchy’s work. I hadn’t heard of Kate Clanchy until this news story. I have read two Lionel Shriver books. But it isn’t really hooking me into wanting to watch any further. The same happens every time I tune in. The interviewer doesn’t seem to be experienced enough. There is no flow of conversation, it’s awkward and even the presenter’s eyes are glazing over.

Annie I’m listening to LBC at the moment. Try GB News at four with Nana Akua, she’s normally a good laugh.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip I haven’t heard of her. Listening to Classic FM here. LBC is usually in the car. It used to be so annoying as Majid seemed to be on all the time every afternoon. The chap that I really can’t bear is the one that talks all night with the funny anecdotes and canned laughter. But a colleague loves him. It’s all a matter of opinion and different tastes.