Garden Photos, Welcome you to add Yours as well

That was our Front Garden in Bexhill on Sea…loved that garden that we created from scratch and you can pick out the Norwegian Rocks that we were allowed to take from Bexhill Beach for the Sea Defences…all the small rocks were to be carted away as rubbish…

The Bench Husband made from wood washed up the beach after a storm…
The Monkey puzzle tree was so small when we planted it and is was a treasure to us that became so huge and healthy, the Korean Fir with its hundreds on mauve cones every year…Yes miss that sloping garden but was quite slippery in the Wet days and I had managed to fall a few times whilst supervising my naughty ducks…

We had two wells there, they were necessary to help take some of the water the garden suffered with…was like a basin with the properties higher than ours and even the Pebsham Farm adjoining our garden was higher at one time…I managed to alter it and it made one big difference to the land…
I could talk about that place all day…good bad and the damn right ugly it became,Developments…

5 Likes

This is “Project Patio” carried out on my previous property. I was SO bored and the patio was a wasteland of concrete and brick so I used my Collins Complete Book of DIY. Calculated the bricks needed, sand, cement etc etc…and bought myself a Baby Belle Cement Mixer - which I later sold at a profit!

9 Likes

Just so good to see a staging project…Wish we had done some of those but never thought at the time.
…Getting more into taking photos of late and even decided to order a new good but not too costly camera as well…it was due yesterday so will chase them up quite soon…
Spaces like that you can add plants in flower containers…they can be moved around easily as long as they are not too heavy…

2 Likes

A few of my Roses , with Lavender

8 Likes

great piccie Eliza

2 Likes

Beautiful roses @Eliza :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Some more of Rosemary’s dahlias…

And a few of my autumn raspberries which are producing very well this year…

6 Likes

Wonderful colours Barry…… those raspberries look scrumptious too. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

they seem late…mine have all gone, ages ago…I can even see the hairs on them Barry… :smiley:

2 Likes

That deserves a Kenneth :grinning::zipper_mouth_face::innocent:

1 Like

This is my garden complete with washing on the line!!
Rubbish compared to the other pics on here but posting it anyway. :grin:

7 Likes

is that Lavender down the left side Carol?

No - I’m hopeless with lavender - it always dies on me.

That’s a hebe bush with purple flowers that you see. I’ve got one at the other side with white flowers.

I don’t know what possessed me to take that picture really.
I was standing at my kitchen window thinking how nice & white my washing was and how tranquil the garden looked so I took a picture. (I’ve got a fixation about my washing looking white) lol

3 Likes

@DianneWoollie They are autumn fruiting canes Dianne, so they don’t start fruiting until mid August and then finish around the end of September. The variety is called “Joan J”, the fruits are a great size as you can see and a good flavour. I also like the fact that the canes are cut to the ground after fruiting, and they then re- appear next spring to grow again so need very little support, although I do use some wires on a frame to help them when they are laden with fruit. :+1:

1 Like

IF… I am remembering correctly, we had late fruiting canes at our Pebbles Bexhill home…if I pruned them at the wrong time…they changed the fruiting time…or did I go into imagination mode… :innocent:

1 Like

Hi

Great Photos, you put me all to shame.

My photos are rubbish.

Rubbish…well take them out of the bin and post some…
This is not a competition for sure, it is showing our Gardens though, some of our Photos show good views and some are spectacular views.
…Often it is has been very hard work and sometimes a good location does it also…
…When it is your Hobby, generally you want it to look the best you can…all about enjoying it…and beating them damn weeds…The Climate, they have thrived this year.

2 Likes

love all these piccies

Just a learner with the new camera…Just have the auto setting on…which is all I basically ever used on Husband’s one.
There were lots and lots of little bees as well, comings and goings on…

4 Likes

he got one jammed…

Just topping the wood stores up…September thinking ahead now for the log burners we have…
Like these row of trees…the law is actually any Building or Tree must be at least 1 metre form the Boundaries…Well these trees are very well Established and almost touch the boundary…
The Large Workshop, one on the side wall… is the boundary…
Typical though…but realise our good previous neighbours followed that to the ‘T’ and every year they strimmed all overgrown greenage back 1 metre…kept their garden in theirs…

4 Likes