Furry is in Nottingham

Anyway,here is another photo from yesterday

Today is the reserve day.
This is the forecast

Tomorrow,when the weather is good,both teams will be making their way home.
I’m leaving for home late morning!
But first another Premier Inn breakfast to enjoy.

1 Like

How long have they had that pavilion? It’s horrible.

That isn’t the pavilion.It’s the Radcliffe Road End.The frontage of the Pavilion is still there

amongst all the modern development but I’m not a fan of big modern cricket stadia,Sophia Gardens included.
Last time I was at Trent Bridge was the early nineties.None of this development then.
Todays reserve day is certain not to happen…so at least I keep my record of not seeing Glamorgan lose there.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear your trip has been a washout Furry, we just had some overnight rain but fortunately it stopped long enough for me to do my walk, but apparently there is a shedload of rain heading our way…
Looks like indoor jobs for the rest of the day…
:cloud_with_rain:

1 Like

Incredibly,despite the dire forecast,they managed a 20 over contest that Glamorgan won.
Trouble is I was on a train load of cricket fans of both teams who thought there was no prospect of play when they announced they were not even going to try and play a full 50 over game.
And even the trip home has gone wrong.
The train was cancelled in Birmingham due to flooding and we have been sent to Reading.
Where I am now sat on a train waiting for a driver 80 minutes after I should have been in Newport!

1 Like

On my work commute in the 60’s I used to sit in a train waiting for a driver at Reading.
Daily for three years. :grinning:

Well done Glam! It’s a sort of honour.

2 Likes

A good result in the end Furry… :+1:

1 Like

Poor old Furry.Glam rarely win anything and he missed it! :grinning:
Although he did have the chance to enjoy the pleasures of a Spoons in Nottingham,I suppose.

1 Like

My parents met and married there.

1 Like

I wasn’t there when they won it in 2021 either.
Nor at Canterbury in 93 when they won the Sunday League or when they won the National League there in 2002.
Or Colwyn Bay when they won it in 2004.
And they won the second division of the National League in 2001 on a day they weren’t actually playing.
I did manage to be in Taunton when they won the Championship in 1997….

2 Likes

A bigger list of honour than I realized.1997 I remember that made Duncan Fletcher famous :grinning:

1 Like

Yes…but Duncan did have Waqar Younis in the attack.

1 Like