Fun Group Big Wheel Ride!

It was such a blast to get together with several other riders for a 24 mile group beach ride, on Saturday, July 9th. I felt better then I had for quite a while since I got my iodine and iron levels back up to something close to normal. Unknown to me I had been experiencing pretty bad fatigue that I couldn’t explain, and it turned out I was severely deficient in iodine and iron.

What I didn’t realize, is that because I ride 5 to 6 days a week at pretty high intensity, I was losing a tremendous amount of these and other minerals through sweat, but was not adequately replenishing those minerals. Luckily, the issue was discovered and now it is being corrected. Cheers!

1 Like

Good news about your health ,so there’s more mad people about then :grinning:

1 Like

Looked like a more pleasurable ride this time Terry. :grinning:

Pleased to hear your health has been sorted and you’re feeling better.

1 Like

Thanks! Haha, yeah, there are actually millions of us one-wheelers, not just in the US, but world-wide, and growing every year. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Thanks Mags!

It seems difficult to get on it.I would have no problem falling off.

1 Like

It was my idea for us to pretend like we couldn’t mount our unicycles at the beginning of the video, and also the very beginning and end where we get all excited about the ride, and hoot & holler, I told the other guys to wait for an “awkward silence”, which I thought would look funny, and then I would say something like: “okay well let’s get going”, then each of the other riders would mumble something really quickly at the same time, and then we would walk. off camera in different directions. :grin:

1 Like