Foxys August so far

@ruthio
I can only dream about that scenario ruthio…
:049:

Na…I’ll get round to them… :042:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Betrayed so soon … without even a kiss exchanged.
Philanderer.
:hushed:

it’s the running wot does it, you see, gets them all, you know…fired up :007: :exploding_head:

I’ve never collected stamps in my life Morty… :017:

1 Like

I can understand that reluctance completely.
Surely it will be helpful though if you can find out just what is causing things and it might (might) even help you to regulate better somehow without needing any medical intervention?
Still, despite the delays and all & supposedly especially in all things heart & circulation, I hope you get at least the chance to find out soon.
Meantime I’m pleased to see that you’re still managing - and here in the new forum too!
:grin:

@Zaphod
Thanks Zaphod, I think I’ve sorted out the basics on the forum, it’s just getting used to navigating around the new layout and returning to posts later when I’ve thought of a reply. :017:
Especially if I haven’t posted on them previously.

I will definitely respond, when and if I’m called up to visit the hospital, like you say, it would be nice to know if there is an underlying problem I should be aware of. My reluctance to have medical intervention though is probably due to two things; First, I seem to be regaining some of my fitness, and during some gentle jogging for the last couple of outings my heartrate has not gone out of control. I have found that by walking and warming up for a mile prior to a short jog it seems to have helped my heart cope better and am quite prepared to enjoy where I’m at at the moment. And second; I’ve been quite enjoying the walks where I can study nature in greater detail than I could while running. I can accept deterioration due to age and wear and tear, but I fear I might lose the mobility and agility that I am fortunate to still possess and enter a downward spiral of medication and procedures. Despite the doctors view to the contrary, I’ve been feeling really good just lately, and I believe that says it all for now… :041:

Thanks for you comments though Zaphod, and I really appreciate your interest… :023:
I hope you are in good health also, didn’t you say that you were embarking on some walking? I would be interested in your progress…

:icon_cool:

One thing to consider in these strange times Foxy, when the Wife had Covid, back in April last year, I had a strange couple of days, as you know, my resting heartbeat is usually 50 - 55 BPM, for those couple of days it ran at 110 - 120 resting. Its not beyond the realm of possibilities that a lot of folk are carrying legacies of asymptomatic infection, which would be very hard to diagnose.

@spitfire
That’s a very good point Spitty, and it’s one that I have been considering myself.
The endless supply of running mags (no not you Mags. :058:) that I’ve read over the years has left me with a head full of useful information that I can regurgitate now, and one of the bits I recall was running with a virus. It said that it is quite beneficial to run with a cold, but never run with a virus because it can cause permanent damage to your heart.

I’ve got a few covid test kits knocking around the house so I think I’ll do one later, I do believe that you will still test positive some weeks after the infection has cleared. And if it’s not covid, it’s still possible that it might be one of the other viruses doing the rounds. Thank Spitty… :023:

Hi Bob :slightly_smiling_face: I am pleased to see you are maintaining you stamina. Not wishing to put a damper on things but don’t be too quick to think the problem may have gone away. With some arrhythmias It is the nature of the beast to be intermittent so just be aware and make sure you have your details with you when you are out and about.

@Meg
Thanks Meg, I won’t be returning to those long runs anymore, and to be honest, I’m enjoying the walking in between the jogs. I know what you are saying and will be careful to keep an eye on my heart with the monitor while out exercising, and I’m under orders never to go out without my mobile in future. I’m happy that I will be able to maintain my fitness while taking it easier these days, I’ve got nothing to train for now… :icon_frown:

1 Like

:+1:

Ta for asking & yes I’m walking, nowhere near ready for running yet - and with my existing lifelong bradychardia, after reading your experiences I shall be taking things carefully when I am ready.
As I improve and do more I will post a new thread, but probably not until the end of the year.

Thanks for your update and as you know, I wish you well.
:023:

1 Like

@Zaphod
Might I suggest a good heart monitor Zaphod, preferably one with a chest strap because they are far more accurate than wrist worn monitors…All the best… :023:

If you have after effects of covid a test won’t pick it up. You can end up having this nasty bug in its “mild” (haha) form and then find you have all sorts of long term physical problems that are a puzzling mystery because you were never diagnosed. I’m still struggling to regain my fitness almost a year and a half later. Still many were far worse off. I did two miles & 1 hour on the treadmill today(ten mins of that was actual running). Will doubtless feel it for the next few days and I don’t mean the old way I’d feel after exercise, just unfamiliar sensations in arms legs etc. I’m sure many are affected in different ways and don’t even realise it could be covid related.

1 Like

heh foxy good to hear you are up and about again although still taking it easy I hope and the same for the missus who has stuck by you so well! - I am appearing here because this new system says i have posted five on that long thread and can’t post anymore - never seen such a crazy system. anyway well wishes when you eventually read this!!

1 Like

@AnnieS Hello Annie, sorry that I haven’t replied to your post earlier. When I started this thread who knew what curved balls life was going to hurl at the Foxes for the next two weeks… :astonished: Anyway, apparently we have been able to duck and dive, and despite not having to rely on the vaccines, seem to have have survived thus far. The future has yet to unfold… :grin:
I’m very interested how your exercising has been progressing over the last 28 days since your post. I would imagine that the ten minute jog has now improved to half an hour, and it has enhanced your recovery from long covid. You need to tell me what to expect… :mask:

Thanks for the good wishes @gumbud and it’s nice to see you here. I will probably continue to post here now that recovery seems imminent. You’re not the only one that is finding the forum hard to navigate with so many sections and sub-sections… :017:
You are quite right about Mrs Fox, she has been my rock through these tough times, and the blinding reflection from my fitness sometimes obscures how fit and resilient she really is. I certainly am very fortunate to have her in my life… :heart:

We have been enjoying some quite unseasonal weather here for the last couple of days, with temperatures reaching the high twenties. So I’m going to try to walk round my five mile route before it gets too warm. Apparently, thunderstorms, rain and lower temperatures are on their way for the weekend. Catch yer later gumbud… :+1:

Hi OGF yes I have been exercising but the ten minute jog hasn’t yet moved further up the time scale. I do about 30 (minimum) to 45 mins (average) exercise a day including about 10-15 on the rowing machine. I can’t do too much because my muscles protest and the achilles starts to make it clear that it won’t be pushed around by my willpower alone. Magnesium supplements were helping but I’m still having problems despite them. Although it’s much better exercising than not exercising. But since last year I am simply unable to overdo it and have good days and bad days. I’m still trying to figure out what triggers bad days. Hopefully you will have a better journey with this. My experience of the original infection was very mild in comparison to yours but the after effects just refuse to disappear completely. Hopefully someone is doing research on this somewhere. It’s very frustrating if you are used to being very active.

1 Like

hi foxy well done with your recovery - couldn’t get onto the main site due to new member restrictions - me an new member? they give 5 posts and then barred - now do take it easy and good wishes to your family! gumbud you can see i am still lost and I live in oz!@!

1 Like