Foxys August so far

After being told to stop running by a cardiologist I had resigned myself to walking every day. I’ve always been a very keen runner and suddenly having to stop was not going down well at all. So I purchased a top of the range heart monitor and decided to add a few jogs to my walks. I can always stop and walk if my heart started going too fast (which was what had alarmed the cardiologist) I found that after only a few minutes of jogging the heart monitor soared to 150 bpm…Not good, so for the last couple of weeks in July I took it steady and kept it to 130 bpm.

Then on Sunday 1st August while out on my six mile walk I managed to string together about a mile of running without stopping, and it was only the last few hundred yards before I walked that my heartrate rose to 130 bpm. And again on Monday during a five mile walk/jog I could run long stretches without my heart beating too fast. This morning was even better with my heart rarely going above 130 bpm, and the leg tiredness that had contributed to my having to walk previously was no longer present. It’s beginning to look like whatever it was that had plagued me for the last few months might just have been temporary and this may not indeed be the last of Foxy’s running… Rest day tomorrow, so I’ll see how I go on Thursday…

4 Likes

Thanks for your update Bob and I hope that it’s not much longer for an appointment so that, hopefully, you can start to get some real answers.
:+1:

1 Like

You take it easy Foxy and don’t overdo it … yeh, I’m nagging you.
Good to hear you sounding more chipper though.

1 Like

Foxy you get the MBE for Sheer Persistence! :mini: :mini:

1 Like

@Zaphod
It’s been a few weeks now Zaphod, and still nothing, but to be honest, it’s unlikely that I will elect to have any kind of medical intervention at this time.

@Morticia
Thanks for nagging Morty, but I’m getting lots of nagging already… :icon_frown:
But I know you all do it cos you love me…

:laughing:

@ruthio
It’s as close to a religion as you can get Ruthio…
After 43 years and overcoming several obstacles it’s more about belief…
Really good to see you by the way… :052:

Sorry I seem to have replied to Morty as well…
:017:

you aren’t a quitter thats for sure. You are very naughty but do you know what, it’s your life to do with what you want. If running is the thing that makes you happy then I understand why you are reluctant to give it up.

Like the others I’m nagging too and yes you are right, it is purely because we love you and need you around for a lot longer. I couldn’t live without the odd picture of those foxy legs

Go careful Foxy x

Yep Foxy, you know yourself best, sure you won’t push it to far.

@LionQueen
Thanks Lion Queen, however, I love life and don’t want to shuffle of this mortal coil just yet so I’m not returning to the running that I did before. With the help of my heart monitor strapped to my chest I’m being very careful not to overdo it… :058:

Well I guess we’ll just have to share you then!
Mwah Mwah :007:

I’ll share if you will Ruthio … :heart_eyes:

Do you think all the other fans will make a fuss? :rofl:

1 Like

@ruthio
I can only dream about that scenario ruthio…
:049:

Na…I’ll get round to them… :042:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Betrayed so soon … without even a kiss exchanged.
Philanderer.
:hushed:

it’s the running wot does it, you see, gets them all, you know…fired up :007: :exploding_head:

I’ve never collected stamps in my life Morty… :017:

1 Like

I can understand that reluctance completely.
Surely it will be helpful though if you can find out just what is causing things and it might (might) even help you to regulate better somehow without needing any medical intervention?
Still, despite the delays and all & supposedly especially in all things heart & circulation, I hope you get at least the chance to find out soon.
Meantime I’m pleased to see that you’re still managing - and here in the new forum too!
:grin: