For Us Ladies. Tips & Tricks for Beauty in Maturity

Ladies, we’re all at that age when we no longer slap the make up on with a trowel …or do we and still hope it looks young and sexy ?

Anyone have any tips to share?
For instance wearing BB cream rather than foundation.
Wearing hair short or long.
And the clincher … has anyone here ever cheated nature a little and had any cosmetic procedures done?

Let’s talk beauty!

What look works for you and makes you feel something special and attractive.

1 Like

Polyfilla is the older ladies best friend

1 Like

brave chap! Are blokes at all bothered about the ageing process?

Though I’ve always believed fellas get more attractive with age, whereas women don’t and sadly, can start to look masculine.

Women look best from about 20 to 40 …
Men look best from 35 upwards.

Well I will be of no help at all here, since I don’t wear make up and would never have any procedures done. I quite like how I look and feel right now, but ask me again in 10 years. I will concede to trying BB Nivea Day Cream on the odd occasion, mixed with a heavy dollop if moisturiser, though, if I look really tired with bags under my eyes.

I use tinted moisturiser in the winter when I’m paler never use heavy foundation. I do brush colour into my eyebrows and shape them . I use a little mascara . I’m told I have good skin . I used to colour my hair pink and soft purples and I now am naturally grey and white so my hair is short and messy and a little spiky.

1 Like

I can see you would suit the pink and purples in your hair, Susan. I have bits of grey coming through and usually dye it an auburny colour, and like you I wear it short and messy. I haven’t done anything about my eyebrows though,how do you put the colour on it? Is there a tool or do you use your fingertip?

1 Like

well I’ve aged 10 years in the past two weeks so I need a beauty regime for sure.

I use moisturisers sometimes, clinique and gold collagen oil I got from B & M, very cheap but seems to make my skin feel nice, or I could be imagining it.

I rarely use foundation these days but I do like to put eye liner as my eyes always look tired if I go without.

I still dye my hair baby blonde, I like it that colour and not really bothered what other people think, it’s about what I like these days and what makes me feel good.

My hair is getting long and it needs cutting but even cut I still like to be able to tie it up out of my face if I want to. It drives me mad getting in my face but I don’t want to look manish so don’t want a pixie haircut, no offence intended Knucky hehe.

I’ve felt pretty chit this past two weeks and have looked awful so today I’ve made a effort seeing it’s my first day out of covid jail.

Have a good day all, cheerio for now

4 Likes

I bet you look amazing Queenie, enjoy your day :hugs:

Yeh, I’ve dabbled with that kind of stuff. The gold collagen oil is good.

Holland & Barretts Q + A hyaluronic acid serum is good. … so is the Q + A Peptide serum.
They really make your skin feel smooth and moisturised. I always dab some on before my moisturiser. At about 9 quid it’s not bad as the bottle lasts ages.

But much cheaper … and just as good, at Home Bargains I bought a peptide serum for a couple of quid.

1 Like

At xmas when my family ask, I usually ask them to get me some face cream, I don’t like to slap on a lot of makeup now, I like a good moisturiser, but I do have some sun damage. one time I bought a jar of vit e cream and a jar of cream with collagen, big jars from the pound shop, and they were brilliant, but haven’t seen them for ages

Pixie , you can now buy an eyebrow colour which is sometimes a soft coloured wax which you shape your eyebrows with ( buy a tiny shaped eyebrow brush its slanted at the brush end ) when you have shaped with the wax you then use the soft colour to colour in , it looks natural . If it comes out too dark use a little face powder to soften the look

Try boots or superdrug ask the assistant she will show you .

1 Like

Hmmm that sounds fun, I might have a play with that then :smiley:

1 Like

Blimey I just replied about threading and I’ve now lost the blinking post has it disappeared into the ether?

1 Like

Ok I’ll try again

I used to do threading, it removes the facial hair from the root for a good 3 weeks and will return but does become softer and lessen slightly but a word of warning

It hurts like hell :tired_face:

1 Like

I saw that post on the “There comes a time when…” thread, Susan! Its all good :+1:

My only beauty tip apart from oil of Ulay (which I’ve used since it was oil of Olay)…is to smile/laugh a lot,and stop sitting hunched over Your pc/laptop/phone all day…You’ll just get a double chin and round shoulders :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t wear much make up usually lipstick, tinted moisturiser…I also have a lash lift every 7 weeks.

I loved extended eyelashes, but became allergic to the glue.

Can I join in and say… diet is key? :lol:

For example eating good fats (and staying away from bad ones) improves fat composition (so helps avoid wrinkles).

Similarly, avoid harsh soaps on your body and face that strip away your natural oils - these are your natural defences against things like UV rays, help with skin texture/firmness, etc.

On the health side, avoid ‘chemical’ perfumes and deodorants - your liver has to process everything your body comes into contact with including what you inhale. Instead use natural aromatherapy oils which aren’t just good for you, but smell gorgeous too :003: (One of my friends is an aromatherapist and she always smells amazing)

Lifting heavy things is important too.

I think people generally look good if they look healthy (and it’s what I think our brains have evolved to pick up on as attractiveness - health markers)

3 Likes

As long as I’ve known her, V has never used more than lippy and eye make up. She’s definitely a less is more gal and I love her all the more for it. Royal jelly moisturiser used daily after washing her face with Camay** soap is her normal routine.

** Only available on-line these days.

As a mere bloke and not worthy to post on this thread, what is BB cream?

1 Like