Footballer Kurt Zouma

It’s a sick old world

Some West Ham fans are chanting in favour of Zouma and kicking an inflatable cat around

“Kurt Zouma’s magic, he wears his magic hat, and if you throw a cat at him he’ll kick the f**er back. *
He kicks it to the left, he kicks it to the right, and when we win Europa League we’ll sing this song all night”

I shouldn’t be shocked or horrified at anything anymore, I suppose, after all, some people are still backing Boris Johnson :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

That’s just vile.

1 Like

I find that interesting from my own thinking, it’s like they are making a joke about it…because maybe in their own minds, some of the general public are still holding on to what he did, …some probably think ,that many of us have made awful mistakes in our lives, therefore it’s time to let what he did go…whereas there are those who want to get hold of him and kick the he… out of him…we all deal with these type of situations differently …I read the manager has been crying out to the general public ,asking them to forgive him and that we have all made mistakes in our lives…I believe he should suffer the consequences of his actions, but, i don’t believe he should be made to feel he has committed the ultimate crime,…I don’t believe in people offloading their hatred onto another, which some are doing in this case.
I happen to agree with the manager and his outcry on forgiveness…unfortunately some will never forgive, their choice.

I also don’t look at the kicking of the inflatable cat ,sick…I see that as rebelling against the haters…winding the haters up to make them hate more!

In what way?

BTW I agree that forgiveness would be good. It might help if he was a bit more contrite though.

1 Like

In what ever way the law decides…if he goes back to his own country ,he could get up to 4 and a half years in prison…if the law decides that…then so be it.

1 Like

Interesting point. We as individuals should forgive but the state should not.

Not sure what that means?

If the state forgave, it wouldn’t impose sanctions.

That is a bit like saying " If a father hits his child too hard & it later causes health problems for that child, then people shouldn’t turn against him"!
I don’t hate the man , but I do believe that anybody who treats an animal like that should learn that there will be consequences for their actions.
The manager, who wants people to forgive him, is more interested in making sure he hangs on to his job as manager!
Zouma is just a bully, but I wonder how easily he would have kicked a pet lion who was able to fight back. :roll_eyes:
I can forgive people’s mistakes, but not when they use violence on people or animals who are not able to defend themselves!

7 Likes

[quote=“Twink55, post:155, topic:88930, full:true”]

That is a bit like saying " If a father hits his child too hard & it later causes health problems for that child, then people shouldn’t turn against him"!

For a start you would have to prove that the child’s health problems were caused by the father hitting him to hard…if so then maybe legal proceedings would be in order, the law would then decide on his consequences…

Some people have made terrible mistakes in their lives,…if that were the case for the Father ,then he would have to live with his child’s health problems for the rest of his life as a result of hitting the child to hard…that for me is a jail sentence in itself…

The rest of your post is your opinion.and your choice.

There’s a lot of dumping things off on the state being suggested. It’s a bit of a cop out argument.

Exactly…:+1::+1:if the state forgave it wouldn’t impose sanctions.

Pauline, you’re the one using it.

I meant the if the state forgave

That’s my understanding of the state…whether you think I’m dumping on them is irrelevant…that’s your own opinion.

You have repeatedly said that it’s up to the courts and the law to impose sanctions, meaning that it’s up to the state to punish and hence not forgive.

Whereas we as individuals ought to forgive.

I’m not saying that…forgiveness is just that…how ever the state punish, has got absolutely nothing to do with forgiveness…that’s a heart thing…the state dish out the consequences of the crime committed.

We live in an unforgiving world…therefore there must be consequences…

If we all forgave we wouldn’t be in this mess…that will never happen though.

If we all had perfect hearts, we would all be living in peace and harmony, there would be none of this cat kicking abuse.

As I’ve said many times…forgiveness is extremely important…no guff about it.whatsoever…regardless of this enquiry outcome…well done manager you have a forgiving heart,:+1::+1:

Every time I have seen the West Ham Manager on the News, saying he is worried for Kurt Zouma’s mental health and we should “give the boy a second chance”, I think the Manager is making a bad situation worse and creating even more bad feeling against Zouma.

Firstly, trying to paint Zouma as “a boy who has made a mistake” when we all know Zouma is not a young boy but a 27 year old man with 3 children and, as a footballer, works in a highly paid job that includes being a role model other young boys look up to.

Secondly, if the Manager is worried about Kurt Zouma’s mental health, why did he insist on continuing to send him onto a football pitch to face a hostile crowd.
If the West Ham Manager wanted to “protect the “boy’s” mental health”, maybe he should have suspended him from playing, just as Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club have suspended his brother, Yoan, from playing until the Police and RSPCA investigation is completed and the consequences of their actions are known.

All this guff about forgiveness and second chances is a bit premature when the investigation is still ongoing. We don’t even know yet the full extent of what the investigation may uncover (e.g. whether there is evidence of more incidents of cruelty) or what criminal charges the Zouma brothers may have to face.

I can’t help wondering, if Kurt Zouma hadn’t been one of his best players, would he have been suspended until the investigation was complete, as his brother in a lower league football club has been.

The bottom line is that the West Ham Manager is prioritising winning a game of football over all other considerations, so his press interviews expressing concern for Zouma sound a tad hypocritical to me.

10 Likes

I stated elsewhere that if everyone forgave everything, then prisons would be empty.

Personally I’m not overly happy at the the idea that we should abdicate our own responsibilities of dishing out the consequences of actions entirely to the state.

I object to the use of the word “tad”

It’s a commonly used understatement among the Yorkshire folk I grew up with - please feel free to remove “a tad” from the above sentence and it will still retain the essence of my meaning. :wink:

PS I hope the word does not have any other “inappropriate” meaning of which I am unaware?! :scream:

1 Like