Foods You Don't Buy Anymore Because Of Inflation

I think inflation is the least of my worries. It would be nice to go the supermarket and know that they have something in stock. Supply issues seem to be a bigger problem because of the shortage of drivers.

Often one supermarket doesn’t have stock of something you need but the one nearby has plenty, it is so annoying.

Some products seem to have disappeared or been reduced in choice. Frozen meat pies for example, before the pandemic you could buy a four pack of beef, chicken, curried, egg, steak and onion, steak and cheese, steak an bacon etc. Now you are lucky if they have beef or chicken pies at the same time.

My pension catches up with inflation eventually so, no, inflation is not the problem. If I was young with a mortgage that would be a different matter but I am not.

2 Likes

My local grocery store hasn’t had my favorite corned beef there in forever. In the pharmacy much of the cold medication is in short supply also. I’ve been shopping there for years and have never seen a half empty cold med shelf before.

1 Like

Corned beef. Aha. I knew there was a meal I’ve not had for a while. Hash.

Onion, spuds, black pepper, chopped chilli and tin of corned beef. Pure stodge, but pure joy!!

1 Like

The inflation rate is running at ten percent but there have been no shortages of anything in supermarkets and discounters so far. Since we shop at Aldi’s mostly and only buy some supplements at a nearby major supermarket chain we wouldn’t know what to cut short on. Some prices are on the increase but there are also special offers to balance it. Still, we end up paying between ten and twenty quid more for the same trolley. Not a real problem.

1 Like

Foie Gras.Apparently the king can’t afford it either now.

I try to support our village shops but a single item can be £1 more expensive than in the big supermarkets. A carton of cream was 75p more.

I have stopped buying lamb because I find that really expensive.

A bar of Cadbury’s chocolate everywhere was £1. About 3 weeks ago it jumped up to £1.25 so I vowed not to buy any more. That lasted about a week! :rofl: