Fluid Art some great techniques anyone tried it

1 Like

I remember there was a thread about this some time ago, @Cinderella that you might find fun to read.

If you are thinking of giving it a go, then its brilliant fun, but have plenty of kitchen towel and bing bags spread out! :joy:

1 Like

Thanks PixieKnuckles, just the sort of fun hobby to suit me.

1 Like

@Cinderella … if you like ‘messy’ you’ll love it.

@PixieKnuckles …have you done anymore since we last chatted about it?
I don’t do too many now. I did quite a few when the first rush of enthusiasm was on me and Mr M kept hanging them on the walls (personally I don’t like them that much). :rofl: …so it’s put me off doing them.

1 Like

I haven’t, Morty no…I moved house, threw out so much stuff (including those paintings) because I have no space now.

I still have the acrylics though, and reading this thread again has really put me back in the mood for it :star_struck: :paintbrush: :art:

I could use the decking, bwahahaha!

Going to have a go, in the shed, this comes with handy book.

1 Like

Good luck @Cinderella have fun! :+1:

Blimey … I’ve only just found this thread.

@Cinderella …I hope you’re going to tell us how you get on.

@Cinderella The closest I’ve come to that is the method used by Bob Ross and his technique of large brushes plus wet on wet. Below is a sample of Bob’s 2&1/2" brush work :grin:

1 Like

I recently watched a video on FB. A bloke was doing the paint pouring, onto a table, commenting ‘I pour some white, then I will pour the blue, green, red, then I fill in this little hole with more black…can you see how good it looks?’ (Or something like that.) All the while his idiot missus did the filming and uttering remarks like ‘oh wow, look at that…’

Then they tilted the table. Then he used a rake to pull through the pattern.

But the worst one was somebody pouring liquid icing onto a cake, through a colander, I think. Similar thing, making a design, only this time, the cake looked awful!!!

Did like the table, just not the silly commentary.

1 Like

Agree, shocking waste of paint.

1 Like

Too hot at the moment to try, the consistency has to be right for it to pour. OH going to make a booth which hopefully will contain any messiness.

1 Like

I might. Good or not, will let you know.

2 Likes

Waiting for some epoxy resin to finish some coasters, make them heat resistant.

Sounds intriguing … I hope we’re getting some piccies.

I’ve not actually got around to varnishing/sealing any of my stuff.
I got put off epoxy resin when I read it recommended goggles, gloves, respirators and outside use because of the solvents used.

Plan to make version of ball clock for sister’s 70th birthday.
Original design clocks are way too expensive.

1 Like