Flu Jab time

Good for you Tess. Our bodies know what they are doing. All we need do is feed them with good fuel and let them get on with it. When we cut ourselves we don’t go slathering the cut with silly medications. We stick a plaster on and just wait for the body to do what it does.

We used to do exactly the same thing with colds and flu. But media pundits and Big Pharma came along and spread fear campaigns and managed to convince a large number of people to believe their crap. For some bizarre reason those people suddenly turned away from their body’s fantastic healing systems and instead listened to the “Grima Wormtongue” whisperings of snake oil salesmen. It saddens me.

This is what the NHS state about how the vaccine works:

“The injected flu vaccine stimulates your body’s immune system to make antibodies to attack the flu virus.”

So the jab itself isn’t curing you. It is still your own body that is making antibodies to attack the virus.

Your body knows exactly what to do. It will create anti-bodies. So why mess with it? Why put obstacles in the way? All you need do is feed your immune system good food and fuel.

Same here TessA, but we’ve all got to decide for ourselves whether we feel it’s worth it or not.

Very true. But you can only decide if you have the true information to make that decision. Believing the mainstream medical industry as a matter of course is simply folly now. The industry is a financial business now, not a health company and has been for some years. It therefore has a vested interest in telling you what it wants to tell you so that you will buy its medical products.

Make an informed decision. Research all you can and be determined that your research includes some material that is not from mainstream medical institutions.

Interesting reading , may I just add that one friend who travelled with me got the virus 2 days in to the holiday . A new lady to the hotel arrived on the Wednesday and on the Friday was in bed and had to have the doctor as did many. The doc did say it was the flu virus . A number of older people were put in hospital in Spain.

A thought just went through my mind , I wonder if people were being infected whilst on the plane .

Due to the incubation period I’m now left wondering why people were being hit so fast

It’s quite possible they were infected on the plane Susan. It’s a confined space, air circulating etc etc.

The typical flu incubation period is 1-4 days, with the average being 2 days. However the crucial thing is that you are contagious a day before you feel the onset of
symptoms yourself so you’re likely to spread it to a lot of people beforehand. It’s almost as if it were a custom made bug designed to be spread around . . . . hmmm!

If people were contagious whilst on the plane or at the airport then lots of people could have been affected.

Realist I’ve never had flu have you? but now I’m of an age where I know it’s sensible to have a flu jab. My hubby had flu every year of our married life very ill in bed for a couple of weeks, he said even his hair hurt. Since he became of age for the flu jab he’s been free of the virus and never had flu…we also had the pneumonia jab years ago too it’s a one off.

Shame they didn’t have the immunisation before the swine flu took hold, I lost a relative to that.

Its free,I never react to it so Im getting one.

Me too,I’m a pretty healthy auld codger,and It’s 30 yrs or so since I had flu’,but if I was unlucky enough to get it again there’s no-one to nurse Me through it…so prevention is better than cure in My case.

I am going tomorrow morning for mine, the medical secretary telephoned me to ask me to attend last week but I postphoned it because of my appointment at the audiology clinic on Wednesday. Last years’ flu jab didn’t work I went down with flu shortly afterwards but then I think it has been declared by the doctors not to have been a successful one, however, you never know how bad you would have been if you didn’t have the jab at all.

That’s exactly what is is !!

Flu is not just a bad cold,been there once so any jab is fine by me

I was incredibly ill after last year’s jab, as most of you may remember. But as I have had two other flu infections in the past I am always keen to take the chance and have the jab, when offered. I also had to take care of myself last year, depending on friends bringing stuff in for me. But as I was vomiting for almost a week I didn’t want to eat much…just drinking copious amounts of sugar free Ribena, and hot water, lemon and honey. And Bovril, which my neighbour got.

I meant to quote this in my post!

In what sense is it “sensible” ? On what evidence are you basing this notion? It is not at all sensible, in fact it’s patently idiotic! The flu jab does not do what you think it does. You have about a 1 in 100 chance that it will help you. 1 person may benefit, the other 99 will not. Either way all 100 people are allowing toxic compounds to be put in their bodies because of what these jabs contain. One of them is Thimerosal:

"Thimerosal is a mercury-containing organic compound (an organomercurial). . . . Over the past several years, because of an increasing awareness of the theoretical potential for neurotoxicity of even low levels of organomercurials and because of the increased number of thimerosal containing vaccines that had been added to the infant immunization schedule, concerns about the use of thimerosal in vaccines and other products have been raised.

Mercury is one of THE MOST TOXIC substances known to the human body.

Your decisions are based on FEAR not on factual evidence. That fear comes from a deliberate fear campaign spread by the powers that be in order that they can sell their flu jabs.
They are making $billions from vulnerable people like yourselves who worry about their health and fret about what a dose of influenza might do.

The flu jab is not the answer.

It is not going to make any difference to you but it will likely harm you and make you weaker from the toxic compounds in it and make you more susceptible to certain virus strains.

Why have you given up on the greatest cure that exists . . your own body’s immune system?

It didn’t work because it’s a total scam. Wake up people !
Feed your body with good food and fuel and let your own body do what it knows best.

Arthur I have had mercury fillings in my teeth since childhood so about 60 years and I am obviously still here :lol:.

I will always have the flu vaccination . I used to have it before I became eligible paying for it myself.
When we had flu outbreaks at work I was frequently the only person left standing thanks to the flu vaccination.

Whatever your opinion you will not change mine.

Realist…stop trying to stuff your copy and paste down people’s throat. Answer the question have you had flu? I would guess No you wouldn’t be spouting all this stuff no-one seems to be interested in.

I really do think you talk as if we are all children and you are the teacher …WRONG…you go your way I’ll go mine…I’ve managed without your tuppenyworth for seventy five years. :lol::cool:

More scaremongering from You,I think it’s how You get Your kicks!

The mercury in your teeth is in the form of an amalgam. That said the time will come when the medical industry will be forced to admit that mercury fillings have been one of the primary causes of illness.

It is notable that if you have a mercury filling removed, the dentist is under strict orders to confiscate that tooth because of its toxicity and danger. No worries that it’s been in your mouth for years !! Take it out and suddenly it’s hazardous waste.

Flawed reasoning I’m afraid. Like saying, I won the lottery so it must be good thing. Unfortunately for every lottery winner there are 13,999,999 losers. For every person who bats away 1 strain of flu virus there are 99 others for whom the jab was utterly useless. Even if you are that lucky 1 person, the jab will likely have made you much more susceptible to other strains of virus.

Regardless, the fact remains that if you allow someone to inject you with a flu vaccine you are voluntarily putting toxic chemicals/compounds into your body that ought not be there.

This is just emotional stubbornness. None of this is my opinion. My opinion on this matter is utterly insignificant. No-ones “opinion” matters one iota. What matters is the irrefutable factual evidence borne out of controlled scientific study. I provided links to those studies in an earlier post, systematic reviews which can be read in the highly respected Cochrane Database.

Cochrane Reviews are systematic reviews of primary research in human health care and health policy, and are internationally recognised as the highest standard in evidence-based health care

Those reviews are categorically telling you that the flu jab is largely useless, that the jab improves your chances of not catching the flu by a mere 1% !!!

1 person in 100 will benefit from the jab.

That’s not opinion, it is factual evidence from systematic review.

Presumably you have good reason to refute such highly respected research ?

Sure have yes and guess what, my body dealt with it and I am still here.

Also had Whooping Cough in the past 3 years, a very nasty time, but again, my body dealt with it, no medications, and I am still here.

Also had Norovirus on a cruise, quarantined for 72 hrs, advised by the doctor to take certain medications to bring down fever, which I dutifully ignored having educated myself on what the purpose of a fever is. I was cured/recovered from Norovirus within 12 hrs as a result.

I really do think you talk as if we are all children and you are the teacher …WRONG…you go your way I’ll go mine…I’ve managed without your tuppenyworth for seventy five years. :lol::cool:

No I’m not a teacher, I put forward what I have learned and you are free to ignore of course. As I posted to Megs just now, the facts about the flu jab are not my opinion. They are facts from evidential systematic review of a highly respected body. It’s a free world and you can delude yourself as much as you like about the flu jab, that’s your prerogative, no-one can stop you. I’m not here to stop you, but I shall exercise my right to counter the misguided statements about the flu jab using factual citation so that those with rational and open minds can read and decide if they want to research more for themselves. Each to their own.

Don’t flatter yourself I said you acted as if you were a teacher. I’ve never had flu, whooping cough or Norovirus and I’ve been on numerous cruises and round the world to different countries so I must be looking after myself right. Or maybe I’m one of the lucky people.