Flu Jab time

Had a flu jab this morning at 9am, is it earlier than usual this year? Surgery have done it different too, all the doctors and nurses were in today giving the jabs, normally it’s just the nurses. The surgery is normally closed on Saturday and was opened just for the flu jabs.

Doesn’t matter when you have it, its potency is effective for at least 18 months I believe.

I keep looking at my surgery but there is no mention of the vaccinations so far this year.
I like to get in early before the chest infections season begins…

We usually receive a letter inviting us to attend the clinic for a flu jab … haven’t heard anything yet though. Last year’s jab was on 27th Sept.

Why ?

Because I choose to Malcolm …
I have my reasons, they are for me to know and you to ponder about :mrgreen:

Well I have just been to the surgery site expecting the Flu vaccinations to be mentioned but they are not.

So I logged into appointments and there they were :smiley: all of them so it looks like I am first to book on the 3rd October :slight_smile:

Do you book online Mags, it might be worth checking …

The Flu Vaccine is only effective against certain strains of the Influenza Virus.
It does not protect against colds or other pulmonary infections.

I think most of us know that already Malcolm :slight_smile:

The vaccination is actually a cocktail made up of a number of strains of the virus the W.H.O. have decide may be prevalent in any one year.
Did you know that Malcolm :mrgreen:

this years cocktail is…

Recommended composition of influenza virus vaccines for use in the 2015-2016 northern hemisphere influenza season

26 February 2015
It is recommended that trivalent vaccines for use in the 2015-2016 influenza season (northern hemisphere winter) contain the following:

an A/California/7/2009 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus;
an A/Switzerland/9715293/2013 (H3N2)-like virus;
a B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus.
It is recommended that quadrivalent vaccines containing two influenza B viruses contain the above three viruses and a B/Brisbane/60/2008-like virus.

I suspect you’re missing out some key ingredients there Meg. What about the neurotoxins, mercury and Thermisol?

Flu jabs are just another of the great global cons and criminal assaults on humans. It’s a scam founded on massive fear mongering media techniques to peddle Big Pharma products. The vast majority of people that GPs diagnose with “flu” don’t actually have Flu but the Doc is just part of the system.

How do you think the CDC or other criminal bodies have any clue what type of viruses are going to be prevalent in the “influenza season”? Have you stopped to think that one through?

And since when do viruses have a season? Do the little blighters all go off on their holidays the rest of the year? Do they pack their little bags and migrate South and come back next winter?

Seriously wake up people. These jabs are chock full of toxins. Some of the concoctions actually help spread the diseases around the population which of course leads to more people getting sick, more people thinking they need jabs, more money for Big Pharma. By actually having the jab you are contributing to the wider spread of the problem.

In other concoctions there might be ingredients that eradicate one strain of a virus but which make you much more susceptible to another strain. Piers Mogran famously had a flu jab on live TV. 2 weeks later he came down with the flu.

The whole thing is a nonsense and is peddled through making vulnerable people afraid. You’re in the latter stages of your life, your systems are weak, a good dose of the flu could kill you etc etc. Bunkum.

A lot of the time older people suffer harshly because they are uneducated and being conned by adverts and medical institutional propoganda. For example, an older person gets a bug, gets the usual symptoms, coughing, sore throat, chest infection etc. Their temperature soars naturally.
What happens? They instinctively reach for the tablets to bring the fever down ! WHy? Because that’s what they have been conditioned to do or told to do by someone else.

It’s sad beyond belief.

The body raises its temperature purposefully. It knows exactly what it is doing, it needs no assistance from you. It raises your temperature because at that temperature the bugs inside you are unable to replicate/spread. So the body is being systematic. It first stops the relentless doubling up or replication of the bugs which will overrun the body if left unchecked, and then it gets on with killing the bugs knowing the numbers can not increase.

Of course when you instinctively reach for those tablets to bring down your fever you’ve acted completed against your body. You’ve taken away its primary defense and as a result the bugs will keep doubling up and pretty soon you will be totally overrun with them. For some very old and frail people this can kill them.

So why aren’t you being told the truth about such things? How are such travesties being allowed to go ahead? Because the world you live in is now controlled by greedy wicked people who don’t give a fig about you or your loved ones. It’s up to you to take control of your health and educate yourself.

Right on queue as predicted Arthur :lol:
You know what, in this instance I am happy to take a cocktail of chemicals along with the vaccine.

I am pretty sure had I not done so in previous winters I would not be here now.

So excuse me if I ignore you and listen to my Doctor instead.

Just checked my surgery site Meg, no mention of Flu vaccinations as yet :-(. I might phone them if I hear nothing next week…

Mags :slight_smile: once the vaccine becomes readily available to one DR’s practice in the UK it is usually unavailable to all so I would check and get in sooner rather than later :slight_smile:

Had mine on Friday when I had my diabetic foot appt with the nurse. She was giving them out during her consultations to whoever needed them.

Done and dusted!

Last February I was in Spain in a hotel with a few hundred people, friends and I stayed a month . All my friends and many many others went down with the flu virus especially bad on the chest. People were getting it within 12 hours after arrival. I had not had the flu jab as the year before within 3 days of having the jab went down with flu and poorly for 2 weeks and longer.

All my friends had been given the flu jab , and boy were they bad with this virus , I spoke to people who recovered and the majority had had the flu jab .

I spent 4 weeks hand washing and putting t tree oil around my nose terrified I would get it , but I didn’t , I stayed well and healthy .

I won’t ever have the flu jab again , I’ll take my chances

I believe that if you have the jab when you already have contracted the flu bug, you will suffer more than usual. The only years I have missed the jab, I have had serious flu, therefore I mean to carry on having the vaccination just to be safe.

Hi Susan :slight_smile: firstly …

it takes between 10 and 14 days for your immune system to respond fully after you’ve had the flu jab.
so your vaccination most probably would not have been effective at that time particularly if you were already incubating an infection.
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/vaccinations/Pages/flu-vaccine-questions-answers.aspx#incubation-period

All my friends had been given the flu jab , and boy were they bad with this virus , I spoke to people who recovered and the majority had had the flu jab .

Were they categorically diagnosed with influenza and not some other respiratory virus.

The flu vaccination does not claim to give %100 protection for everybody who hasit and as the formulation for the autumn is decided on the previous spring it is difficult to predict exactly which strains of the virus will be prevalent in one year anyway.
What it does do however is to give protection to some people and others who are vaccinated contribute to ‘herd immunity’ helping to protect the vulnerable like newborn babies who are unable to have the vaccination.

Sorry but this is all nonsense. Clearly there are some on here who will continue through life with their fingers in the ears going “Waah Waah Waah I can’t hear you”. Fair enough. Each to their own.

There are however a number of open-minded people here who have in other threads expressed a desire to learn, have their views challenged and to assess new information they were not previously aware of. For those people I will provide the following info.

This comes from The Cochrane Database which is a collection of scientific controlled studies and trials covering a wide range of areas. Their general website is here:

http://www.cochranelibrary.com/

Use the search function to look for studies for any given areas, for example search for “sugar” and so on.

Here is the link to their study on the usefulness/efficacy of flu vaccines:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD001269.pub5/abstract

Here’s the “cut to he chase” results

“Influenza vaccines have a very modest effect in reducing influenza symptoms and working days lost in the general population”

“The preventive effect of parenteral inactivated influenza vaccine on healthy adults is small: at least 40 people would need vaccination to avoid one ILI case . . . and 71 people would need vaccination to prevent one case of influenza. Vaccination shows no appreciable effect on working days lost or hospitalisation”

“The effectiveness of live aerosol vaccines on healthy adults is similar to inactivated vaccines: 46 people . . .would need immunisation to avoid one ILI case.”

As can be seen the vaccine is largely worthless. You are literally playing “vaccine lottery” when you have a jab, hoping that YOU will be the 1 in 71 people that it will help.

If you are handing money over for these jabs then imo you are a mug.

Worse still though are the controversial ingredients in the cocktail that you are allowing to be put into your body. Neurotoxins, thimerosol and mercury among them.

Here’s another very good article which contains a transcript from a live radio show which tackled the issue of whether flu vaccines are just snake oil.

Some extracts from the above:

“a very low percentage of doctors and nurses actually volunteer to get them [jabs], something like 26% to 28%. So what do they know that the general public doesn’t know?”

“Now, one of the problems with flu vaccination is that it tends to not work very well if the strains of flu in the vaccine don’t match the strains of flu in the environment, but even when the match is perfect, 1% of flu-vaccinated individuals end up with an infection, compared to 4% of unvaccinated individuals, but that’s very rare actually to have a perfect match between the strains of the flu and the vaccine because viruses adapt and evolve very quickly, and it’s hard for vaccine producers to keep up. So, when there’s only a partial match of the vaccine with infecting strains, which is usually the state of affairs, the figures are even worse. 1% of vaccinated individuals end up with an infection versus 2% of unvaccinated individuals, so in other words, the true reduction in flu risk in the population in the vast majority of cases in healthy adults is a mere 1%.”

[I]"So, let’s put this in perspective. I’ve talked before about the difference between relative and absolute risk reduction. The news media report on this study might say: Flu vaccine cuts your risk of getting the flu in half! Now, that’s technically true because the risk relatively went down from 2% to 1%, but what they don’t tell you is that the absolute risk reduction went down from 2 in 100 to 1 in 100, which is an overall absolute risk reduction of 1%.

So this means that you’d need to treat approximately 100 people to prevent a single case of flu, or put another way, of 100 people that get the flu shot, 99 of them won’t benefit at all."[/I]

Given incubation periods your friends must have already had the virus before they arrived.

The jab most likely would not have changed this unless you were the lucky 1 in 71 or 1 in 100 person that the jab would have helped.

It is known that flu jabs can make you much more susceptible to certain strains of virus. If your friends played Russian Roulette with their health by having the jabs, well more fool them.

Good for you. Taking hygiene seriously is a major way to prevent infection. You learn this quickly if you go on a cruise or are anywhere else in close proximity to 1000s of people.

Glad to hear it.

Lot’s of ways to improve your chances naturally. Google “Bone Broths” for starters. Remember Grandma’s Chicken Broth? I remember it as a kid. Seemed a poor mans soup at the time but now I know it’s a powerhouse of nutrients and minerals.

Never had one and never will. Everyone I know who has had them says they make them ill, I have enough problems without adding to them willfully.