Flu jab 2021

Knowing my health boards lack of organisational skills I will be invited to get my jab somewhere miles away from where I stay, in November at a place where I will need to queue outside for at least an hour if past experiences are anything to go by. :grinning:

@Twink55 You are right next year I am having it on my forehead so I can get sympathy LOL

1 Like

Attended GP surgery at 1130 - seen by nurse immediately - health questions, jab, booked COVID booster and out by 1140 ā€¦ :+1:

I had my shot this morning in my nominated pharmacy. All very civilised and I give them full marks.

1 Like

Good job done LD :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not been notified - but not doing it anyway!

We had a phone call from our GPā€™s surgery this morning. Our appointments for the flu jab are on Oct 21st. Weā€™re going to see our regular pharmacist next week to see if heā€™s doing them. If he is then weā€™ll go there and cancel the ones at the doctorā€™s.

Mineā€™s just been done today after being rebooked from yesterday so that a trainee could do mine, and she did better than some supposedly experienced stabbers Iā€™ve had.

1 Like

I had mine last Wednesday in the morning, I was text the day before from my surgery.

My 20 year old daughter was offered one at work and had it!

2 Likes

We were in town this morning and checked at our pharmacist. 10 mins later we walked out fully jabbed up again this yearā€™s likely flu virus(es). Weā€™ve since cancelled our appointments at our GPā€™s surgery.

Originally I was advised that 25 September was the date, no appointments, we just have too queue all around the Health Centre, School and local roads, thus also deadlocking the main village road and small shopping centre as itā€™s a Saturday. Yet all on that day are over 65s and probably at home all week, annoyingly this happens every year.

There was then notification of non-delivery of vaccine so that day was cancelled. Now though itā€™s tomorrow with time slots defined by month of birth. No doubt still queues all round the Health Centre though. Iā€™ve gave up with all that as to queue in cold weather is not good for my health. This year,
as the previous two, I have made an appointment at the local pharmacy, no queues but have to wait until 21 October, that for me though is the lesser of the problems.
:grinning:

I received a text this morning inviting me to make an appointment at the surgery for both the flu and the booster jabs. I followed the link straight away only to discover there were no appointments left. I shall make an appointment at the vaccine centre for the booster but wonā€™t have the flu jab - Iā€™ve never had one yet so this year will be no different.

I donā€™t agree with giving both jabs together, even though they are saying it is safe.
It think it is overloading our immune system all in one go, and for me personally, I fear it more likely to batter it than strengthen it at our age.

I felt so cross watching the lunchtime news today, when they were predicting all the Flu deaths this year. How can they possibly say who will live or die at this stage?
Last winter we suddenly didnā€™t hear of one single flu death, which is more than a bit weird donā€™t you think? Yet this year they say there will be many thousands!

There is more to this than we are being told, IMO.

2 Likes

Deaths in the home increased by a third of what would normally be expected.
The government have been very creative over the pandemic in how deaths not just from Covid but all deaths have been reported.

Theyā€™ll call it fluvid.

Theyā€™ll call it fluvid.

Hah. :grinning: Very good.

My daughter who works at the Doctors Surgery got both jabs together last Friday. One in each arm. She was flat out all Weekend, could hardly get her head up off the pillow. Only went back to work on Tuesday.

Weā€™ve had the flu jab but got to wait for the Covid jabs, has to be 6 months after the second one.

1 Like

My Gpā€™s web page had stated that they would be calling people in for their flu jab so I left it, to wait and see. Last week when I had to speak to someone about my medication order/up for review, I asked about it and was told, no, they are not calling us in! So I have booked, but itā€™s not until early next month.