Flu jab 2021

Sept. 18th animated-hospital-image-0005

Had my flu shot in early May, in between Covid jabs

Yes, they do tend to be able to do that! :thinking: :grinning:

September 23rd 11:33 
 :syringe:

I have an ‘appointment’ for between 09.00 and 09.30 hrs. The last two years the queue has been around the Health Centre, the school and then into the housing estate next to the Health Centre. The year before last it was very cold, that is not good for me as it can easily bring on angina attack so I declined to wait outside. I went to a local pharmacy, no problem at all, it was done that afternoon. Last year it was the same again, queuing for hours, no thanks so it was the pharmacy again. This year it will be the same procedure, there’s no way am I risking having a heart attack queuing if it’s cold. What really gets me is the Saturday is for over 65s and most are retired so why not save all the queuing, plus gridlocking the village roads and shopping centre on a Saturday by allowing the other five days of the week to be used for 'flu jabs? It’s completely beyond me! :frowning_face:

Our flu jabs are booked for the 12th. Mrs mart thought she might as well book them while in the surgery for a blood test.

Haven’t heard anything yet but we normally get our flu shots at a pharmacy.

I got a text from the GP yesterday to book my flu vaccination so went online intending to book it for early October. The calendar booking system had ‘not available’ for the over 65 vaccination on every day I clicked on with one exception, this coming Saturday 11th so I had no option but to book that.
It is also different this year because of C19, gone is the ‘walk through’ I had to book a specific vaccinator .

Received a text from the Health Centre recently to inform me that all appointments for 'flu vaccinations on Saturday 25 September 2021 are cancelled. This is due to problems with a delivery of the vaccination. I will be advised on plans for future appointments.

That sounds as if it will be the pharmacy again this year, like the last two years. The only way to avoid hours of queuing, outside, whether it’s raining, freezing cold or snowing, as my 09.30am ‘appointment’ would be ‘shared’ with hundreds of other patients. All those on that day are over 65 so why do we all have to queue like this on a Saturday, which incidentally also completely jams up the whole village, all the roads and the shops too. Most of those over 65s are retired so have all week, but no, it has to be on just one of two Saturdays! :frowning_face:

Apologies, rant over! :grinning:

Got to agree with you there @Baz46 my appointment is on a Saturday and I have just noticed a substantial marquee has appeared at the side of the surgery which suggests a lot of people will be wandering around. So much for social distancing.:roll_eyes:

Text message from surgery, all cancelled for now due to freight issues and lack of deliveries, will get back in touch when booking becomes available again.

Mine and the wife’s is on Monday morning.

2 Likes

Son & I have our flu jabs at the same time, but as he’s been having radio therapy & chemo I asked the nurse if he can have his yet. She said he can but to leave it til the chemo has been over for 4 weeks, so that is next week & I’ll be booking us both in for a jab each soon.

Had mine early last week, it didn’t half make my arm sore too.
6" patch of bright red and burning, and hot enough to fry an egg on!

I showed the pharmacist who did it, and he took me in to the doctors next door.
The doc just got his biro out, drew a line all round the sore skin, and told me to go back if it got any bigger!
Don’t think the pharmacist was impressed, and gave me a free box of antihistamines to take three times a day.

Six days later it is just about back to normal again, thank goodness.

Mine’s booked for a week on Thursday.

Had a phone call from the surgery a couple of days ago. Getting the jag tomorrow morning. More needles
shudder.

Be brave Rox! :smiley: As teenager I used to faint at the sight of a syringe, but over the last 35 years I have had 4 injections a day and you get so used to them that they don’t bother you anymore.

1 Like

Still waiting to hear from our surgery
 :slightly_frowning_face:

My BIL who really needs his done due to his health issues; has had his cancelled twice now due to no drivers to bring the vaccine apparently he was due last Friday cancelled rebooked for today but they have phoned and cancelled and rebooked for Thursday. I had no problem at all although for the first time ever having any sort of injection or vaccine I have a terrible bruise on my arm about the size of a tennis ball very odd.

Perhaps it pierced a tiny blood vessel Kazz ! What you should have done is show it to everybody so they would all have felt sorry for you. :laughing: