Fixed my front door bell

Not off topic at all!
Try explaining to a young person how we used to urgently conclude a conversation in a public phone box because the pips were going!
You got X amount of pips and that was your lot!

1 Like

Anyway,
I’m bowing out of this conversation and logging out.
You’ve caused far too much trouble for one evening :wink:

1 Like

:astonished:

Bing Bong I did no wrong! :frowning_face:

1 Like

I bought an el cheapo multi channel door bell to replace a wired one which used a transformer under the house which had been there since the 1920s so I replaced with a wireless one powered by three AA batteries. It has something like two dozen different sounds including a dog barking(?). Ended up choosing a tune that played the longest to give me a chance to hear it, It actually came with two receivers so I put one out on the back patio - alas that one eventually died due to getting soaked in rainstorms and the printed circuit board corroded away.

The original is still going strong, my only complaint was that the batteries only lasted a few months and there is no “low battery” warning so I bought a battery holder and attached three D cells which last a couple of years. From memory it cost $23 or $29 but that was many years ago. The battery holder was a few dollars off Ebay.

1 Like

The “Ring” doorbells are ok but you have to remove them with the special screwdriver about once a month to charge them, this is a pain in the backside so, I have hardwired ours in. Trouble is, I don’t like seeing conduit on internal walls, so I had to groove out the plasterwork and make good, now I have to attend to the decoration.

1 Like

Don’t know what the white marks further down the wall on the above photo are?

In the lighter section? I don’t really see anything but a few drips…perhaps it’s just wear and tear of wetness with people coming in the front door? Best get the wall stripped and re papered - at least that way you can see if there is any damage to the plaster?

Nah Pix, it’s a shadow in the second pic, it’s the lower white blotches in the first pic that are confusing, here is one without the shadow.

1 Like

Not sure what’s going on there then…how strange. :woman_shrugging:

Having donw thousands of cable runs with BT one looks for the most unobtrusive way of doing it,
Below my Bell wire run from bell to outside

I can’t see any reason for doing it the Spittie way

I wouldn’t do it the Spitty way for anyone else or commercially, but, personally, I don’t do radiator pipes in front of skirtings or trunking on an interior wall.

1 Like

No trunking in my photo

It’s probably behind the quadrant ledge to window frame, luck plays a part in all these jobs.

No it is .around door frame and under window ledge, behind nothing

Then you made a mistake, your exterior doorbell is less than six inches from the quadrant.

Decided to replace trhe door bell push button, I didn’t notice how all the brass had gone and started to get pitted . So just ordered a white plastic replacement

Ii is surprising how one doesn’t notice the everyday objects and how bad they get.
The replacement arriving tomorrow. looking on Amazon there does not seem to be a wide choice of wired ones

Your right RS, yer just don’t notice previous projects deteriorating.

yes, its easy to miss those familiar things and not notice how bad they get. Never mind, it’ll not be easy to miss now, all white and fresh!

… and plastic … :wink:

Not illuminated, though … :thinking:

1 Like

The next puzzle is how to remove the old one without the use of a hammer. unscrewing the actual button supportring no probs , it is the casing I can’t remember how I fixed it to the door frame.

1 Like