Fixed my front door bell

Me too

1 Like

One thing it doesn’t do is make it easier if your constipated :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WD40 saved my life … well, not quite … :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’d recently bought a brand new car and I was taking it out for a spin on a hot summer’s day - unfortunately I got stuck behind a truck for a while. I thought nothing of it but, when I arrived home, I was horrified to see tar-spots (presumably from the truck) on the immaculate paintwork.

I googled “remove tar from car” and WD40 was at the top of the list. I was unconvinced but tried it on a “hidden” area and it worked perfectly so I used it to clear the remainder - no trace was left of the black sticky stuff and no streaks were left on the paintwork.

I’m quite happy to use it for most “mucky” jobs now … :+1:

2 Likes

:grinning::grinning: I will take your word for it mate

That is a really good job! Likely saved you a couple of thousand or so I think! It’s all very neat and tidy as well :+1: Don’t get many tradesmen who clear up after themselves these days

I was reading the list (well, just picking out random items) and it seems to work on the most obscure things! :smiley: So glad your car wasn’t damaged with the tar, and no streaks were left after application.

I suppose you know I am an electrical engineer and I know these door bells wotk . However It my last house and in this one use batteries. They are simpler with no wires.

1 Like

I think if I had a doorbell, I would prefer one with no wires and connecting things which could go wrong. Just a simple battery one would do for me as well. :+1:

1 Like

Like this, perhaps:

TECKNET Wireless Doorbell, Waterproof Doorbell Battery-operated Cordless Door Chime Kit with 400M /1300-feet Range with 38 Chimes, 4-Level Volume & Blue Indicator Light

£15.99 at Amazon

1 Like

But does it bing bong

2 Likes

Indeed it does … :+1:

Yes, something like that would be great. :+1:

The bell Omah showed us, bing bongs in 38 different ways :joy:

1 Like

Not all of them entirely “pleasant”, though … :unamused:

1 Like

Well, even if some are quite jarring on the ears, at least we know someone is at the door. Thing is though, if they are jarring little jingles…people will prefer to knock won’t they, thus defeating the whole purpose :joy:

1 Like

True … :laughing:

1 Like

My Auntie Mary had a proper door bell with proper batteries!
battery_126_1434333

1 Like

Blimey, what size was her bell?! Thats a huge battery pack…was she deaf?

1 Like

It was rather a long time ago, forgive me but I can’t quite remember the size of her bell, It bloody well worked though, she wasn’t deaf either!
I don’t know, young people of today, what do they know of doorbells, don’t know they’re born.

1 Like

Well exactly…I had to explain to a younger person a few days ago, about the landline phone that stayed in the house and was attached to the wall by a wire. They said (aged 9, fair enough) “why would you have that?”

I felt really old at that point! :joy:

P.S bell related, not off topic! :smiley:

1 Like