Fixed my front door bell

Nah Pix, it’s a shadow in the second pic, it’s the lower white blotches in the first pic that are confusing, here is one without the shadow.

1 Like

Not sure what’s going on there then…how strange. :woman_shrugging:

Having donw thousands of cable runs with BT one looks for the most unobtrusive way of doing it,
Below my Bell wire run from bell to outside

I can’t see any reason for doing it the Spittie way

I wouldn’t do it the Spitty way for anyone else or commercially, but, personally, I don’t do radiator pipes in front of skirtings or trunking on an interior wall.

1 Like

No trunking in my photo

It’s probably behind the quadrant ledge to window frame, luck plays a part in all these jobs.

No it is .around door frame and under window ledge, behind nothing

Then you made a mistake, your exterior doorbell is less than six inches from the quadrant.

Decided to replace trhe door bell push button, I didn’t notice how all the brass had gone and started to get pitted . So just ordered a white plastic replacement

Ii is surprising how one doesn’t notice the everyday objects and how bad they get.
The replacement arriving tomorrow. looking on Amazon there does not seem to be a wide choice of wired ones

Your right RS, yer just don’t notice previous projects deteriorating.

yes, its easy to miss those familiar things and not notice how bad they get. Never mind, it’ll not be easy to miss now, all white and fresh!

… and plastic … :wink:

Not illuminated, though … :thinking:

1 Like

The next puzzle is how to remove the old one without the use of a hammer. unscrewing the actual button supportring no probs , it is the casing I can’t remember how I fixed it to the door frame.

1 Like

Sign of the times these days :frowning_face: with the plastic etc. Just so long as RS doesn’t try and hammer it into place, he’ll be fine! :joy:

There are equivalent brass versions at the same price or cheaper:

this one’s elegant:

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I do like that bottom one, yes!

@realspeed look at these options, what do you think?

no looked at brass type and see what happens after a few years in my photo

They’re cheap enough to replace every few years … or you could rub them down and re-polish them … :+1:

1 Like

Yes I won’t be throwing it away but doing as you say, In the meantime something needs to be in place
Remember Santa knocks at the front door now and chimneys are too small

1 Like

new door belll push fitted and rubbed down old and put grey primer paint on