First time on a plane

I’ve never wanted to holiday abroad, it’s never interested me so a passport has never been necessary. There’s always been many places in this country to see. My parents lived on the coast so I spent a lot of what spare time I did have on the south coast. There was not much spare time really, having two young children to keep in touch with after a divorce and working long shifts in London saw to that. :wink: :slight_smile:

Ooh no no, I’d probably pee me pants.:lol:

Tena Lady? :wink: :slight_smile:

Cheeky boy. :lol:

That’s fairy nuff. My travel wasn’t for holidays either.

I wish but unfortunately now it’s an ‘old boy’, so I am regularly told! :slight_smile: :lol:

Had my work involved travelling in any way it might have been different. For one thing I doubt I would be still living in the UK. A chance of going to live in Australia for three years under the £10 pom scheme would have been taken, I doubt if I would have retuned either as I have more family there than here. :wink: :slight_smile:

Went on a Skiing holiday with the school to Italy

I’m going in a hot air balloon in a couple of months with Ady. Paula didn’t want to go with him so I stepped in.

Anybody on here been for a flight?

Sydney to Perth. 11 years old. 1963. Scared @#$%less. Yes Carol. Had a hot air balloon ride a few years ago in Canberra.

Yes Carol, we have been on a hot air balloon flight in Egypt and flew over the Valley of the Kings. We enjoyed every minute of it. :slight_smile:

Don’t stand near the centre of the balloon as it’s very hot! :wink:

My first flight was from Leeds/Bradford airport to Jersey on a gloriously clear September morning - magical. Have been in love with flying ever since.:smiley:

Very true!:smiley:

Yes - it was wonderful! Wear trousers and something warm - and be prepared for a bit of bumpy landing! You will love it!:smiley:

My first flight in a plane was in an Auster on a five minute joy flight during a week at Butlins (I think it was Claction) in the mid 1950s. I suspect the plane was probably a war surplus vehicle.

During the flight we went through an “air pocket” and the plane dropped like a stone - absolutely no idea what an air pocket is. I enjoyed it very much and was a bit peeved it was so short a flight.

My next flight was about a decade later when I flew from the UK to Australia on a Boeing 707, what hell that was, the damn plane had to refuel every five minutes so the whole journey took 48 hours. I returned to the UK by ship two years later. Modern flight is so much easier.

Suppose I shouldn’t complain, the flight only cost me 10 pounds and was the start of a wonderful adventure.

Were you what they call a ten pound pom Bruce?

Oh that’s wonderful Carol, I’m sure you will love it! Take a couple of photos if you can! :smiley:

Oooh that’s a dramatic picture, Mags! Love it! :smiley:

Sounds awfully posh. Did you go in your spongebags?

We’re the same as baz, neither me or Mrs p have ever flown, never fancied a holiday abroad, I’m not scared of flying I’d probably enjoy it, I have been on a catalina flying boat on the ground when we once went to elvington air show, it was very cramped and I wouldn’t fancy endless hours being cooped up in it during ww2 as many were used in coastal command, I would’ve flown in that if we were allowed to though …