Film - the most recent you have seen?

My son wanted to see Puss in Boots the Last wish, so we went. Thoroughly enjoyable!

I’d love to have seen the latest remake of All Quiet on The Western Front but it wasn’t showing locally.

Probably going to be an Amazon DVD/Blu-ray job if and when it’s released.

2 Likes

Watched the highly anticipated release of “The League of Super Pets” about Superman’s puppy.

Voiced by the talented Dwayne The Rock Johnson and Kevin Hart. Viewed on Sky last night.

Today, 4 planned . Currently it’s Ghostbusters (1984), followed by Ghostbusters 2, Ghostbusters Afterlife and Ghostbusters, the all female crew version.

So you can simply say that it’s a ghostbusting day…

I watched The Piano on tv , Sam Neil was the star…It was predictable what was going to happen.
im now going to watch The Power of the Dog

This time last year I saw Mrs Harris goes to Paris …it’s really luxxie at the cinema with big squishy leather reclining armchairs .
Swan Lake is on at the Vue I’m thinking about going

Mort recent for me:

The Man Who Would Be King

I watched Elephant Man ,it made me sad to think what he went through , brought tears to my eyes at times .
It made me look on line to see what it was he was suffering from

Nice film on Netflix last night: It Snows In Benidorm, with Timothy Spall.

Reminiscence - with hugh jackman futuristic great scandanavian female actor too - in the blade runner style - moody and sexy and keeps ya guessing

Forty Guns [1957]
Western
Talking Pictures.

Barbara Stanwyck Gene Barry

Showdown in Arizona between the Bonnell brothers, U.S.Marshals, and Jessica Drummond, the iron-fist rancher who controls the territory.

1 Like

The Wall - Pink Floyd on DVD, thouraghly enjoyed it, saw it on the big screen at Leicester Square many moons ago.

My son however was most unimpressed :wink::+1:

A mass power outage/possible cyber attack. Gigantic Tesla pile up. HaHa

https://twitter.com/i/status/1733124282534736138

Leave the World Behind, Julia Roberts, Netflix.

3 Likes

We just watched that, it was rather good. Scary in an under stated way and very possibly our future :scream:

3 Likes

love the Tesla scene. Musk is not amused.

1 Like

A bit of trivia….Julia Roberts was in Friends

So if Rose had watched the whole series, she’d have seen her mum!

the answer is

West Wing

1 Like

Barbara Streisand can do no wrong - the film The Mirror Has Two Faces" is one of her best - she not only directs it but has great music ; great acting - one of her finest imo - and some star studded oldie actors too - the best!!

2 Likes

I remember driving up to London and doing the exact same thing. Couldn’t wait to see the film, having the album and seeing the show at Earl’s Court and remember seeing the cameras filming the audience. Shame the footage didn’t make the final cut (No pun intended).

I don’t think the film really did the music justice and although some of it was well done, I wasn’t overwhelmed with it. I had a chance to watch it again recently, but couldn’t really bring myself to sit through it again. I’ll just stick to the album instead.

1 Like

Last week I was dragged to see The Hunger Games - Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes.

Felt it was considerably less than the previous films which didn’t entirely work. The film was a freebie, so I won’t complain too much.

To be candid I’ve never been a Pink Floyd fan, no disrespect intended.
I suppose The Wall might be considered a bit too accessible for non believers, as a non believer I found the film quite moving in parts…still do!

1 Like

I just watched How to Train Your Dragon. It’s a kids’ movie from 2010. A Viking boy befriends a dragon.

There are a couple sequels and a few series based on the movie. I had not seen the original but had started watching a couple of the series.

When I saw that it was going off Netflix, I decided to watch it. It’s a cute movie, laugh out loud funny for me, heartwarming at the end. Lots of brute force since it’s about Vikings, but the boy does some interesting learning things to find out about the dragons.

I really liked it. It’s from the creators of Kung Fu Panda, which I just watched and enjoyed and Shrek, that I liked too.