Favourite TV/Film detective

So, who is/are your favourite TV/Film detective(s).

How do any newcomers match up? For example, there’s something about Professor T which is quite morish.

It’s got to be Reagan and Carter, The Sweeney of course.
Most of the episodes were filmed outside, the locations were often as rough and ready as the characters.
Might request the DVD box set as a Christmas pressie, not from you Dex I hasten to add, didn’t want you to get the wrong idea :wink:

1 Like

No worries there @Chilliboot. Amazon won’t be asking me for a new delivery address this year :grin::yum:

1 Like

Endeavour followed by Morse then Lewis :nerd_face:

1 Like

My favourite is Nick from Grimm. Not your usual run of the mill detective series, but I love it.

2 Likes

Columbo is my hero. I even wear a raincoat like that … whilst solving life’s riddles . :icon_cool:

3 Likes

Tom and John Barnaby.

For comedy, Louis and Briggs, aka The Detectives.

1 Like

I love Grimm!

I used to like Cagney and Lacy when I was younger, and that other woman from The Gentle Touch (can’t recall her name atm)

Also enjoy Benedict Cumbersome Cumberbatch in Sherlock Holmes.

1 Like

Not forgetting Gene Hunt and Sam Tyler.
A very imaginative series, sometimes quite moving.
I’ll never think of the test card in quite the same way again :tv:

1 Like

All the old American ones.Columbo,Rockford,Magnum,Starsky and Hutch,Kojak,Cannon…

6 Likes

Yes! Magnum, Kojak and Starsky & Hutch. Haven’t watched the others though.

Ironside too.

2 Likes

Anyone remember Ellery Queen?

3 Likes

Film would be Bogart as Sam Spade in The Maltese Falcon.“When you’re slapped you’ll take it and like it”

1 Like

I think you’d like The Rockford Files.Jame Garner is in it :grinning:

3 Likes

Man in a Suitcase had a good theme tune.

And Van Der Valk

2 Likes

I can’t say it is my favourite but I like the style of Shetland.

1 Like

I like Vera in principle, but I’ve yet to see an episode which hasn’t lost me by around halfway through.

1 Like

I think I must have watched a lot of TV at one time.
Randall and Hopkirk ,
and this chap:

AND

“Book’em Danno”

Ok I think I’ve finished now.

2 Likes

This! :green_heart: :blue_heart: :heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :black_heart: :white_heart: :heart:

1 Like