Favourite Pie?

Thanks Leia, Is it the Baker’s shop. When I told he who must obey, he said if it is, (this was before I saw your reply) he said it must be the baker shop where he gets his coffee from. Really nice shop if it is.
Anyway, now you have said where it is, next time he is there I will ask him to get two for the weekend. (good job I always put his lunchbox into a Coolbag with Ice Blocks.) That will keep em cold in this weather, Must remind him to put them into his lunch box instead of leaving in paper bags though or they will be wringing wet by the time he gets home with them. :-D:-D

Will be sure to give you my verdict once I try one. x

The shop I was talking about is called Baileys or The Town Hall stores and is near to the bus stops which are just around the corner. They have a Facebook page so you can read the reviews.

https://www.facebook.com/BaileysLlangollen/

and this is their website

http://www.baileysfinefoods.com/our-story

If you buy two oggies you’ll be amazed how big and heavy they are but I can recommend the lamb and mint oggies, one will definitely feed two people :slight_smile: They sell lots of other goodies too.

There is also another shop actually called The Oggie Shop on Castle Street but I wasn’t meaning there… Sorry, I’m not sure which shop is called The Baker’s shop. You’ve got me wanting to return there now :slight_smile:

Thanks very much Leia, He knows where the shop is now. :smiley:

My favourite pie would be cottage pie and lemon meringue pie

pork pie every time,big/small/section i love them

Not proper Cornish pasties then they have meat etc one end and some sort of pudding at the other as a complete meal.
They should be crimped along the top not at the side .

Being half Cornish and spending a lot of my childhood there the history of the pastie is interesting

Way back when tin mining was the main industry in Cornwall the miners spent all day in the mines, so the pastie had to provide the main meal.

What is not commonly known is the tradition they had.
At the end of the day when the mines were left for the day the miners always left one end of a pastie on the rocks for the “Knockers”.

The "Knockers " as they were called were like elves and goblins in Cornish terms, and they made sure the mine was safe overnight for the miners the next day.

i make a liver, onion and bacon pie with rich gravy and shortcrust pastry! not common i know but very tastey indeed!

I am partial to a homemade deep chocolate meringue pie, but, but…what of these Quorn pies, you say? We only have Quorn nuggets where I live and now I have Quorn pie envy…:088:

This was the latest chocolate pie I baked for my son who insists on an (over) browned meringue, which I think is an abject sin:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a197/FourBells/IMG_2322_zpsrrbevjcf.jpg

Hi SM

There’s a big Quorn range here, although not all are always available in any one supermarket.

Fillets, sausages, meatballs, ‘chicken’ pieces, ‘chicken’ slices, family roast, burgers, mince, ‘chicken’ Tikka, savoury eggs, peppered ‘steaks’, ‘ham’ slices, ‘chicken’ slices etc etc.

The Quorn chicken and mushroom pies are very nice and one of my favourites.

Yep, same here. Can’t see past it…:lol:

You do realise there’s a 10% pie tax on here darlin’ ;-):lol: - and where’s my bit???

Absolutely! I just hope you have a very long fork…

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/eating/eating-pie.gif

I’m quite partial to Key Lime pie too. Had some in Key West and loved it.

I’m not that dainty to use pastry forks, darlin’, but I do have a large serving spoon - will that do???;-):lol:

;-):wink:

I like chicken and Asparagus pie also Roast chicken and mushroom i like to experiment if im honest pecan pie with salted caramel if making steak pies ive added allsorts of different things
And i used to make the good old pork pie my dad used to always ger me to add onion into the mixture but then my dad added onions to everything

I adore key lime pie!! Blimming expensive, so don’t buy it.

Drop by my house and I will make you one. My neighbors have quite a productive little key lime tree. They give me the limes, and I return the favor with a pie. We firmly believe that this division of labor and trade is what birthed Western civilization.

Well, Uncle Joe, let’s just get down to brass tacks and be done with the utensils. It’s Morrocan style all the way! I won’t tell if you won’t ;-).

I know fingers came before eating utensils, but I’m fastidious about ‘mucky’, sticky fingers!!!