Facebook gone haywire

With a bit of luck FB and the other two socal media outlets owned by the same company will go off line and stay that way.
Then millions of young people will learn there is a life outside the mobile phone screen and puckering up your mouth into a grotesque image in order to take a photograph is not normal or attractive and you may regret doing it in years to come…

4 Likes

Good post Meg, and one that I totally agree with… :+1:
But there’s no need to worry, I have a feeling the whole internet shebang will go down permanently soon…Better get out the parlour games folks…
:grin:

2 Likes

I must say I did panic a bit when I couldn’t get on to FB, I even rang my son, who then explained what had happened , it’s a great place imo, so many groups, I can also view my grandchildren on there, and of course my beloved faith and praise groups,:heartpulse:

1 Like

I would strongly disagree with you there Meg. There’s more to face-book than meets the eye.

Like Pauline - I belong to a few groups on there & the help it gives me is immense. I have gained immeasurable knowledge about things that matter to me - especially my health conditions - Bursitis & PMR, It’s good to swap advice with other people & listen to their stories.

I am also in a gardening club which is brilliant, we post pictures & ask for opinions & advice. Then there’s my Friendship group of local ladies who meet for lunch & other activities…

It is a mine of information for older people & if your settings are right nobody on the outside can access your page except your chosen friends. In 20 years of being on face-book I have had no problems except one time my account was hacked but I soon set up another one.

As for the young people puckering up their mouths to take a grotesque image of themselves - what has that got to do with face-book?

I missed it when it was down last night. So pleased it’s been restored to us. :blush:

2 Likes

All the things we used to do face to face in our own communities Carol…

2 Likes

I would never have found a lot of the things I mention in my post in the local community.
A lot of people seem to have pre conceived idea’s about Facebook that just aren’t true.

Please don’t knock something if you’ve never tried it…

3 Likes

Oh I’ve tried it Carol…
:flushed: :flushed: :flushed:

I like Facebook some of the groups are brilliant. I don’t use it a lot I am happy to have a quick browse every couple of days or so.

I do hate the “Your Story” bit

1 Like

So what happened?

1 Like

I realised that my life was slipping away unnoticed, like the grains of sand through your fingers Carol…I decided to create my own adventures instead of reading about other peoples…
:earth_africa: :earth_americas: :earth_asia:

Oh you got addicted to it did you? :rofl:

1 Like

Just immagine what would happen if the entire internet went down

The whole world would collapse

2 Likes

I’m an avid user of facebook but I too wish it would totally go offline, far too much vitriol on there at times. I personally like the fact it gives me one platform to keep in touch with friends and especially my family in america of whom I have many members.

2 Likes

That’s the only reason I use Facebook; as an easy way message family & friends & especially with video too.

The younger generation don’t often use Facebook according to my son, and although many do use Instagram even the popularity of that amongst youngsters is in decline.

1 Like

I don’t see the vitriol. I just use FB for my friends and family.And, like you, we keep in touch with those across the pond

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve just read that FB has lost a lot of the younger generation, I wonder where they have gone?

There are so many sites now where people can chat so a lot depends upon peer group and interests, from what I can gather.
For example online gaming sites often include the ability to play games with friends as well as chatting to them and even modern marketplace sites like Depop make keeping in contact with friends possible.

1 Like

Most of my far flung relatives & some friends are on FB, never see them face to face now, but we can & do keep in touch with FB. I am on a few other pages too & sometimes the back biting & arguments are fun to read, but I never get involved in those, I like a quiet life.

Have you honestly experienced vitrol on Facebook Queenie?

I don’t see how if you’re just open to family & your chosen 'friends!!

Surely they wouldn’t give you any bother?

I have never seen any fights oh FB…I only really log in for my groups though and to see my grandchildren,:heartpulse:

1 Like