Facebook gone haywire

Anyone here know what’s gone wrong?

Not sure what you mean, Besoeker :thinking:

He might mean Facebook.

It’s stopped working. I have a US electrical forum and they have said the same thing. And no explanation as yet.

Yes. Silly me.

Sorry Bezoeker, I thought your face had gone numb or something like that. :blush:

I don’t go on Facebook!

1 Like

"It’s not immediately clear what caused the issue for the three properties. Security expert Brian Krebs said it appears to be a DNS related-issue, adding that something “caused the company to revoke key digital records that tell computers and other Internet-enabled devices how to find these destinations online.”

Taken from your link. This seems to be the only reason known so far.

I use it to keep in touch my family. It’s especially for the in-laws and outlaws on the other side of the pond.

My apologies :blush:

I don’t use Facebook, far too many problems. At 13.45 I was using WhatsApp, I did wonder why there was no reply to my text though so perhaps that is the reason?
:thinking: :roll_eyes: :grinning:

No apology!
I rather like this forum and the lovely people here like you…:slight_smile:

And it now seems to ne working.

On Sunday night, 60 Minutes released an interview of a whistleblower of Facebook who claims that Facebook put profits above safety. On Monday, the outages. The stock is taking a dive.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/facebooks-very-very-bad-day-services-go-down-as-stock-plunges-in-wake-of-whistleblower-revelations-11633365581?siteid=yhoof2

It said on the news its affected Facebook, WhatsApp, and and one more which i cant remember at the mo.

Instagram. Facebook owns all three.

1 Like

Ah, thats it.
Thanks Butterscotch. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It was off at 5 p.m. & came back about half an hour ago or so. Had a friend here & we were watching DVD’s so I didn’t miss it. :laughing:

It must have been overnight because it was all working when I went to bed and it was working again when I got up this morning but you people keep strange hours :wink:

It’s back on this morning, not sure what time it came back on if you go on to YouTube and search, why is face book down, you will find out what’s been going on…YouTube is a great source for information.

I belong to a few groups on fb,glad it’s back up and running.