Facebook gone haywire

Nice clip Bruce… :+1:

By today’s standards the Titanic was just a ‘coracle’ Bruce…But at the time it was the biggest and most luxurious ship that ever sailed on the seven seas, and unsinkable… :ship:
But in years to come the human race will realise that the internet was responsible for the demise of mankind…Talk about obesity, you can work from home and order anything your heart desires without leaving your armchair…
:zzz:

I must say the internet can be addictive, which is quite worrying, I don’t want to spend the rest of my life surfing the net…I’ve got to wean myself off this, or at least limit my time on it.

It can take such a strong hold and has.

1 Like

You can get really carried away on here. I leave it & go read a book instead at times.

I guess these types of comment should make us more aware of why so many of our youngsters walk around with their mobile phones the centre of their attention!

This ‘addiction’ is probably ‘their world’ and unlike ourselves, with nothing else to reflect on or recall, it takes up much of their time. As it’s mainly harmless, other than time-consuming, many of us generally do the same, only for less of our time.
:grinning:

The thing is Baz, we are mostly retired, old, disabled or just lacking the get up and go we used to enjoy, but the young people are the future, they should be doing sporty stuff or inventing new things and ideas to get us out of the mess we appear to be in now.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree with you more OGF, we also do have a ‘life’ to reflect on and all that we did in our younger years. The youngsters are now in education until at least 18 and more than likely until 21, if going to university to get those ‘so necessary pieces of paper’, they have no experience of life as a young working person most of us had. I have to say they are not all like that, many do all that you commented on but life is not the same for them as it was for us. Basically for us it was education until 15 so that we had the basics to earn a living. For today’s youngsters it’s far more than that, only because their aspirations are very, very different to how our’s were. They have to have these high aspirations nowadays as it’s a far more competitive world than it used to be. Those youngsters I know are very much more knowledgeable and quite clever compared to many of us youngsters when I left school at just 15 years of age.
:grinning:

2 Likes

Good post Baz… :+1:
But with so many aspirations comes many disappointments and suicide amongst young people was almost none existent when we were teens…

2 Likes

Those pressures put on youngsters, the possible cause of mental heath problems and very sadly suicide for some, are probably far more than we realise now or ever have done in the past. Life was very different for us in our teens and early twenties, we probably enjoyed ourselves more and that enabled us to be different people to how many youngsters are nowadays. I have seen those pressures in my own family but it goes higher than that, everybody is under far more pressure these days and not all, including older adults, can deal with this. Basically we are not all the same and therefore not all equal, as much as many would try to have us believe.

1 Like

Perhaps you can but it is not compulsory to spend your life in an armchair. Anyway weight gain is due to over eating not lack of exercise, Exercise is useless for weight loss.

Run ten miles every day for a year Bruce and tell me you haven’t lost any weight…
:roll_eyes:

1 Like

:rofl:

You only lose weight if you eat less than the energy expended, if you run 10 miles every day and eat sufficient food to cover that energy expenditure then you won’t lose any weight. If you sit in an armchair all day and eat less food than needed to keep your body ticking over then you will lose weight.

It is a simple equation.

Erm no Bruce…Food is stored in different ways depending the type of things you eat and the amount and type of exercise you do.

1 Like

Once upon a time I joined faecesbook - persuaded by friends that it was a good idea. Within three weeks of being there - my PC was infected by a ‘keylogger virus’ and my bank account was hacked! No - it wasn’t a coincidence - my techy guys traced both problems back to source. I closed my account - with great difficulty as they do not like to let go - and would not touch it now with the proverbial barge pole!

Oddly enough - I am still able to use a few really good systems for keeping in touch with family/friends etc., pen and paper (takes a bit longer but is virus free), email, and telephone.

1 Like

Not entirely virus free - How long does Covid survive on paper and plastic? You’re safer with email or telephone.

1 Like

I reckon catching covid from inanimate objects is bogus Brucie…
Unless you stuff them up your nose…
:nose:

I joined Facebook when Sagazone closed down to keep in touch with many of the lovely people l met on there.
One of the Sagazone members has contracted Covid whilst holidaying in Italy and she has been in hospital there. She is now improving and has said, how invaluable the Facebook group messages and posts were to her for keeping her spirits up.

I also joined a couple of local groups and was able to get in touch with friends l hadn’t seen for years.
I also belong to other groups that are of a subject l am interested in.
I also like to wish friends, Happy Birthday!

I have never encountered arguments, or bad stuff on there. Maybe, occasional swearing by some but nothing else.

I am not on there every day, l just pop in as l do here, or any other site.
Self Discipline is the word!!

2 Likes

I have a Facebook account mainly to access backgammon there but its also good for other groups …we enjoy cruising for instance and there are some good groups on that and local to your area groups too.

We have a family WhatsApp group which is private as my son doesn’t agree with photos of his kids on FB

1 Like

I have been banned umpteen times from Facebook. I am here because I feel the need to express myself at times. Don’t we all?

This should be fun!