Face Masks Were Pointless New Study Finds

Well they work for flu anyway.

I suppose, the same waste of time could apply to people washing their groceries!
I could never understand that ritual!

1 Like

has anyone invented a bum mask to stop smell spreading? only asking

Thank the BBC and their world of doom and gloom Arty…

1 Like

I used to spray anti-bac on my groceries and wipe them down. I don’t see a problem with doing that, considering how many people have touched it. I don’t do it now though, only because I lost the habit, but it isn’t a wrong thing, imo.

Please… Can l just say, l didn’t see Ripple’s re. wiping groceries post until after l posted my comment.

I didn’t wipe my groceries, l just washed my hands regularly and l didn’t get Covid.
In fact, l was always in supermarkets picking up items from shelves.
Some people even left the groceries in their garage for over a week before even touching them!

I also think the over use of antibacterial sprays don’t help your immune system. You’ve got to eat a peck of dirt before you die!
I wouldn’t have those antibacterial sprays in my house!

2 Likes

No offence taken.
I’ve been using antibacterial spray around the house for years
Light switches doorhandles worktops bathrooms.
What doesn’t get a dose of anti bac gets bleached :wink:
I can’t stand pecks of dirt
Each to their own .

Well I have no idea why I have had Covid THREE times! I am quite aware of cleanliness and I had all the vaccines and wore a mask but still got it… it might be having workmen in my house for the last 5 months made me more vulnerable… I remember a conversation with some of them they told me that being self employed tradesman they worked through any illnesses they had. Not a good time to have folks in the house.

It doesnt surprise me that a mask is pointless I always suspected as much

1 Like

I am struggling to understand how you’ve drawn that conclusion from the discussion on this thread. The opposite is true and is repeatedly explained in many posts here.

Summer, l understood what you were saying, completely.

To get Covid once is awful but three times… you poor thing. I commiserate completely.
I hope your daughter is ok now.

1 Like

Masks may, or may not be pointless Summer, but I personally think it’s more for peace of mind and the thought that you are doing your bit for the community.
Sorry to hear that you have been subject to covid three times, but I think stress can deplete your immune system and make you more prone to diseases. I’m not even going to mention what I think about the vaccines…
:shushing_face:

1 Like

I stopped all that after having the vaccine. I was paranoid in 2020 because it was “novel” and we didn’t know quite how it spread.

2 Likes

Thankyou for enquiring about my daughter who as you know was hospitalised and very ill with Covid… she was referred to the long Covid clinic which she continues to attend however although she says the staff are lovely she hasnt found the treatment to be very helpful. having said that she is still working hard and recently accepted quite a big promotion so although her health is not back to pre Covid levels she isnt letting that hold her back … again thanks for asking Arty x

2 Likes

Yes I wear them mainly for others peace of mind but truly I’m not convinced they do any good

1 Like

Did you make drinks for the workers?

I did Ian… and I made them bacon sandwiches :slight_smile:

The cups, and plates. Yeah…there’s your contamination chain to lots of Covid, and other diseases. It seems that science, even now, has no idea what the viral load is.

They always claimed that masks were not to protect you but to protect other people.

It’s the “R” rate, if you wear a mask and avoid infecting the next person, and, they do the same then, indirectly you are breaking the chain and, indirectly protecting yourself, what do folks not understand about that principle?
The is always the case that some do understand but just “ain’t bovvered”

1 Like