Extinction Rebellion glue themselves to the speakers chair in the HOC!

Hi

I have a very different and personal experience of Extinction Rebellion.

They held a demonstration in Shrewsbury and the arrogant gits blocked off the fasted route to the hospital.

Absolutely no regard for the critically ill.

Thier argument was that if they had been told they would have let that vehicle trough.

No idea what that meant in reality, the delay causing the death of innocents…

Just arrogant middle class uncaring middle aged on a mission.

Uncaring killers, no different than idiote with knives.

They should be charged with attempted murder and put in Prison.

You will note that I have not suggested that they should die, that is not me.

They are too stupid to recognise the consequences of their actions.

So stupid they would happily kill by choice.

Really, simply not worth bothering with,just the lowest, of the low, absolute scum.

4 Likes

Just a collection of gullible, brainwashed nutters following the latest fashion believing they can save the planet…The only thing the planet needs saving from are the bunch of cranks called Extinction Rebellion.
One day the people of this planet will realise that they have been part of a enormous scam.

2 Likes

I really don’t think that people fighting for a cause they believe in, should be called “gullible brainwashed nutters”, Foxy. Haven’t you ever fought for something you believed in?

4 Likes

deleted.

I just wish they would work from home like sensible people !! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

:grin: :grin: liked that …it was funny.

remember the toddlepole marchers ?? get behind them lads and march or glue with them!

2 Likes

Have you signed up to join the Ozzie branch of Extinction Rebellion then Gummy?

Pixie I so agree .

At the very least they have the courage of their convictions.
They aren’t sitting around whinging ( it’s mostly the oldies) and so hypocritical as it’s the older (our) generation that has done the wrecking caused the global warming, mostly I believe out of ignorance.

The future is worth fighting for ,all power to them .

3 Likes

Since the only real long term solution is to reduce global population, its a bit of a curiousity that some members of the group haven’t shown enough conviction and led the way over Beachy Head.

1 Like

With 22% of U.K. peeps being 60+ perhaps it’s our age group that should be the first to go lemming at Beachy head. Now there’s a thought

1 Like

Maybe there’s a hint of a solution in this quote from Whoops Apocalypse…

“Having established the root cause of unemployment, we now need to come up with a job creation program. I have devised an idea that will create millions of new jobs within the first year of operation. Every week, five hundred working people jump off a cliff, thus creating five hundred new jobs.”

Hmmm I’m still unconvinced :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi

Well I won’t be shouting at you, you have a valid point and so do they.

The way they are making that point is alienating many who agree with their aims.

They are welcome to die for their cause, what they are not welcome to do is kill me for their cause.

They happily and quite deliberately block traffic knowing full well that they could kill others.

Those others include me.

They should not be surprised to be retaliated against by the elderly and infirm they seek to kill.

Some of those affected and their families could be quite good at focused retaliation.

It is best avoided by a bit more commonsense and less of the holier than thou attitude they display.

2 Likes

These are desperate times

I wonder how many people died due to a traffic jam , the cause extinction rebellion.
Against how many people are now facing death or indeed have died from incurable lung disease , cause air pollution.

Obviously nobody wants anyone to suffer .

Every action has consequences.

2 Likes

Hi

You can bite then, good for you.

Some facts, Extinction Rebellion blocked off the top of the two north to south ways through the town, we are in a River Loop.

Anyone, with any planning or foresight at all would have known that blocking off this one way route, without any possibility of doing a drive round, would block off the only other such route within 3 minutes, with no chance of vehicles being backed up to clear it.

Simple, deliberate and very, very nasty indeed.

They could have blocked off the access to the Government and Local Government Offices, causing havoc for those who can make a difference and concentrating their minds, without blocking off any routes to the hospital at all.

They chose not to.

Actions do indeed have consequences, and Extinction Rebellion, having shown so graphically that they could not give a damn about the lives they put at risk should expect the same.

As a glorious example as to how not to do things and alienate support for your cause, these prats are in a league of their own.

They are fanatics Pixie, and have been convinced that the world will end tomorrow. It’s mainly young people because they are gullible and easily led. They think they are fighting for a cause, they are shown extreme weather events (which have been happening since the planet was a planet) and told it’s our fault. They get passionate and because they have no responsibilities or jobs they can assemble with other like minded people who have been carefully groomed to follow the same path. They are in fact being taken for fools by a much higher intelligence and who provide the co-ordination and finance. A bit like some of the religious nuts in America.
Has anyone figured out who is financing this and why?
Ripple talks about hypocrites, which is a bit interesting because after a good day’s gluing and annoying Joe public, they will climb into their SUV’s and drive back to their parents house with all the state of the art gadgets, and take delight using their smartphone or laptop to tell their friends what a successful day protesting they’ve had…Has anybody actually checked where these people live?

Vehicles and technology that we…The older generation, have provided for them, in the same way that our parents provided for us. But the worse thing out of all this is: We paid for their education which they now use as club to beat us around the head with, and all you people say “Bless, they are courageous and fighting for the cause”…Haven’t we heard all of this before?

2 Likes

The Mormons?

Actually got no idea. Have you?

Indeed … and were it not for the Suffragettes taking “positive action” the women of the UK would still be relegated to the kitchen sink.

Similarly, had it not been for the Poll Tax riots, poor households would still be paying the same personal tax as the rich in their mansions.

2 Likes

It is true that some protest groups and their actions have led to an improvement (eg in the cases you cite … In egalitarianism)

But it is also true that some make things worse.

History will help decide which way ER turned out.