Exercise bikes

We also have a cycle /footpath that runs for miles around here used to be a railway line it is called the Silkin Way it runs along side of our house so perfect for walking the dog it is an easy walk to the Ironbridge gorge which is lovely
The Silkin Way
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a131/suelex1953/Autumnsky005.jpg
Silkin in snow
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a131/suelex1953/IMG_0142.jpg
More
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a131/suelex1953/Holidays/Autumnsky008.jpg
Sue

Sue, that’s a lovely walk! But the snow one made me shiver… brrr!

they are all just beautiful but the last is gorgeous.

Lovely photos Sue, I like the winter one, . . . BTW, never eat yellow snow. :lol: :lol:

When you have an exercise bike, I expect there is a distance equivalent, or perhaps a time limit that is aimed for? A known quantity is OK but perhaps it’s all too easy to stop when you feel you’ve had enough …and that isn’t really pushing the limits to a great degree. However, when you go for a bike ride, either on or off the road, there is no giving up when you’ve had enough. Even though tired, you still have to get home.

OK, you can plan a set route outside that you know can be handled but it is easy to cycle a bit further than intended while exploring this ‘n’ that. It’s almost guaranteed that when three-quarters of the way round a route, you’ll wish you were home. Equate that feeling to riding an exercise bike and that’s when you might stop. No such possibility while out riding. You have to keep going. For that reason, I feel that riding a proper bike would be better than using an exercise bike, even if a bit more tiring.

It’s sometimes hard to push oneself out in the cold of winter but the scenery is more interesting than indoors and there is the further interest of actually surviving the traffic and/or the off-road downhill runs. :smiley:

You have a good point there, but I could never learn to ride a real bike :blush:

Unfortunately there is far too much traffic around my area for me to feel comfortable and safe riding a bike:-(

The traffic can be scary when first going out on the road but it can be got used to. One item that does help is a handlebar mirror. We wouldn’t drive a car without being able to see the state of traffic behind before manoeuvring. It ought to be the same with bicycles. All bikes should have a mirror I reckon.

Exercise bikes are OK but being an old git and a wannabee perve I prefer the treadmill cos they are behind the cross trainers in the gym and I can oggle bottoms when I get tired–well I did once and the bloody machine said my heart rate was too high.

:005: :005: :005:

My brother, son and myself once went on a charity cycle ride of 53 miles. I caught up with my son who seemed to be putting more effort into the ride than the rest of us. Looking ahead a bit, I could see why. There was a girl cyclist with a very shapely figure dressed in tight clothes. I too could have watched it for hours! I gave him a grin and dropped back to cycle alongside my brother again.

Now there’s an idea to make exercise bikes more interesting. A TV screen showing a shapely male or female rear end cycling away. The faster you pedal. the nearer it gets. It could give an incentive to keep going. :slight_smile:

Men! …

I got an exercise bike about march last year,i do 6 miles a night and have been eating differently,ive lost nearly 3 stone to date, only 2 more to go.

You have given me encouragement Sully :smiley:

May I ask in what way have you been eating differently, please?

Men! …

Believe me it`s not just men,girls do it too.

Just not at me

Ive just been eating loads of salads with a meat or fish item and an afters as main meal instead of stodgy type food,the only day i had different was a xmas day dinner and some chocolate,felt stuffed though even though it was a small xmas meal.Hubby and i had peppered salmon steak with salad tonight.:smiley:

That sounds good …and well done for losing that weight.

I never think of having a salad during the winter months so I think I’m going to change my ways! :wink:

Thanks for sharing your weight loss info … tomorrow I’ll dust down the exercise bike!:slight_smile:

It takes a bit of willpower especially on cold days but i feel so much better for it…Thats okay, good luck to you! :smiley:

I eat salads year round; especially in Summer when a cold salad is refreshing and not too hearty.

I love salads during the Spring and summer months, it’s just getting the motivation to eat them during the colder months :lol: