Excuses for Labour before taking over No 10

@GBNEWS
(https://twitter.com/GBNEWS)

Starmer admits Brexit NOT to blame for economic woes as he cuts down Remainers.

1 Like

He would, wouldn’t he? He is very anxious to re-win those north of England seats that went blue in 2019. The “let’s get Brexit done” mantra chimed with this area as indeed, previously, had the Brexit messages. So Starmer is hardly going to rile this region with any talk of rejoining the EU. Plus there is some basis for pointing the blame for the UK’s problems elsewhere. 13 years of Tory austerity, in-fighting and mis-management are the biggest cause. So Starmer will enjoy the open goal of pointing this out.

2 Likes

What a Tory Brexiteer patsy he really is!

He may “admit” that he believes Brexit wasn’t responsible for our woes, but he’s wrong and Brexit, and those who voted for it and campaigned for it, are to blame and we shouldn’t let them off the hook and wriggle out of the blame for what they did. Or muddy the water on what the solution is

He probably knows that anyway and is just trying to appeal to the red wall, Brexiteer, GBnews watching type voters

That’s what they tried in 2019 when they refused to say they’d reverse Brexit, even though they knew it was best for the country, and the disgusting Johnson got in

At least the LibDems tried

And it’s why I didn’t vote for Labour then and why I’ll never vote for them again until they commit to taking us back into the EU

1 Like

He even had some praise for Maggie Thatcher.

3 Likes

:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

Yes,I don’t know why he’s in the Labour party anyway let alone leader of it.

3 Likes

I would not have expected anything else from any as keen as him to get the PM’s seat at any cost!

1 Like

And if and when he becomes PM the mask comes off?
The prospect doesn’t exactly inspire confidence.
God help us!

3 Likes

It’s on gb news, nuff said

4 Likes

So did Blair. He called her a great, substantial leader.

Blimey.

1 Like

What’s your alternative?

Unfortunately there isn’t one, best of a bad lot?

emphasised text

I could never vote for Labour whilst Starmer is leader, he’s just a Tory with a red rosette.

2 Likes

Where I live is a safe Tory seat anyway, so it doesn’t really matter who I vote for. I can’t make a difference to anything by voting and I’m essentially disenfranchised. That’s why we need proportional representation

So I would normally vote Green or for an Independent, just to exercise my right to vote and be in the national figures of people not voting Labour or Tory

This time I’ll vote LibDem just in case with the big swing against the Tories there’s a ghost of the chance they could swing it. I’d vote for the Devil himself to get the Tories out and he couldn’t be any more evil or do more harm

It would be a more difficult decision if I lived in a marginal seat where it might be a close run thing between Tory and Labour. In that case I probably would have to hold my nose and vote Labour but I’d feel dirty :rofl:

1 Like

I agree with you that we need PR. I live in a safe LD seat, Labour have no chance and the tories are some way behind. So I vote LD though my preference would be Green.
We have mayor of London elections in the spring and I’ll vote for Sadiq who is not perfect but far preferable to the conservative candidate.

1 Like

Yep! Just what I’d expect from a remainer. Alter the rules until you get the result that you want…
:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Indeed, but that is irrelevant it is what was said.

2 Likes

It was also reported on the BBC…What? Oh! it wasn’t…I wonder why?