Everything New in Windows 10’s May 2019 Update

I have never looked but having done so I think you might be right.

They don’t appear to be. The fans doesn’t come on until it has been roasted and shuts down. When it is started again, I get a message saying it was running at 90 degs THEN the fan kicks in. :shock:

Or the heatsink fins?

My old laptop had a fan that was running all the time to keep the inner working cool as well as the fan on the processor.

Been on the internet for about an hour this morning and so far cool as a cucumber. :shock:

:023:

You, or the computer? :slight_smile:

I don’t like to say.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/smile/blushing-smile-smiley-emoticon.jpg

I downloaded Speedfan software some time ago now.

http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

It provides charts showing the changing temperature of several components, including the CPU.

It’s FREE! :smiley:

Ooh thanks JBR. I shall have a read of that. Did you attempt to change you fan speed and did it work.

Currently on 86 deg so will be logging off pretty soon.

No, I haven’t tried that.
I just look at it occasionally to see how the temperatures are changing. At present, all seems to be fine so no need to try to change anything.

Interesting.

I have 4 cores and all of them seem to be steady at around 45 degrees. When I opened Photoshop just now, they peaked very briefly to about 65 degrees, then back to normal. I didn’t do anything in Photoshop.

Obviously, when certain power-hungry programmes are started up and used, the temperatures rise.

Which programmes are you using when yours go so high?

Yes, I am currently creating a photobook on Photobox and that seems to be when it get hottest - also with Gimp.

Room temperature might be a factor. Maybe the problem wouldn’t occur at a different time of year when temperatures are some degrees lower. The laptop should still cope with cooling but it might struggle to dissipate heat if room temperature is high.

Just a suggestion but try elevating the laptop a bit by putting something under the back or front edge to give more room underneath for air circulation.

There are laptop stands available that can help with overheating.

Good idea … :023:

I used a couple of rubber doorstops:

and then, if required, boost the airflow underneath with a USB fan:

… not very technical but quite effective … :wink:

Thanks I will try that. It’s burning my highs at the moment because I am wearing shorts. :lol:

You could wear long pants.

Or maybe a pinny.

:lol: That’s similar to what I have been viewing online. :lol::lol:

I have come across some things in 1809 and 1903 that I hadn’t noticed before.

Short cuts cannot be created by dragged using the right button. I haven’t created a shortcut for ages so hadn’t come across it lately

A problem in 1903 is that a shortcut which called a batch file that worked in 1809 doesn’t work in 1903. CMD complains that you cannot use UNC paths as the current path. I have over come this problem by editing the short cut from “\Lenovo-PC…” to “C:…” but I wonder if the upgrade changed C:\ to the network (UNC) name? Don’t know.

Not a major problem just irritating.