Everyday food could be causing 90 per cent of cancers, according to study

But check out my reply to Danny at 17.32, post #33

1 Like

Getting back To Doughnuts…make your own …simple and tasty and most of all you know what’s in them…

Got some on the go…but will let then rest over night…

1 Like

I prefer the ones with jam in the middle not a hole.

I’m happy with no carbs and no sugar - just veggies and protein :smiley:

No processed foods - just eat wholesome foods.

That seems to be the answer for a lot of problems – processed food. Some advice I was given, a few years ago now, was to eat only food that had been grown as closely to nature as is possible. Even if you are a meat eater it’s possible to get meat that comes from animals who have done nothing other than live in the fields. Fruit and vegetables can be eaten more or less as they grew naturally. It seems to be all the ‘rubbish’ that is added to foods, especially when processed, that is causing so many problems.

1 Like

My doughnuts aren’t!!

1 Like

Good to hear that Tabby! :+1:

1 Like

It’s long been said you are what you eat.

I’m a veggie :grinning:
Recently I’ve given up dairy and feel better for it …chocolate being my one exception… but have cut back .

I like my Doughnuts that look like Fanny’s :laughing:

See, this sort of retort means a member will always be @ TL1. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That’s why there is an edit function…:thinking:

I thought edit was for correcting phrasing/spelling/context errors.

Sorry for the derail, diet is probably responsible for a lot of this Cancer upsurge, but, there are (possible) offsets in other lifestyle choices.

1 Like

Yes, we should have made healthier choices, earlier on on life :thinking:

A lot of stuff is probably self inflicted, but looking for a scapegoat changes nothing.

1 Like

True…make the changes now though, live longer to benefit! :+1: I’m going to start a Palm Oil Protest. POP for short.

Pixie POP…!

cutting back on the coffee would be a start, I think :flushed:

1 Like

I am a compulsive food label reader - and will not buy anything that uses palm oil.

2 Likes

I’m like that too…It was always about the environment before, but now to discover its actually dangerous for your health, well…something needs to be done now.

It’s ok to eat doughnuts if for every one you eat, you have a piled up plate of boiled brussels sprouts. It’s not about avoiding things you like completely but about balancing them with healthy foods (the food pyramid)

Why don’t the government just ban palm oil then?

1 Like