Everyday food could be causing 90 per cent of cancers, according to study

The study – part-funded by the UK charity Worldwide Cancer Research – found palmitic acid significantly increases the likelihood that cancer will spread.

The discovery has left researchers scrambling for a new therapy to help interrupt this process in the hopes it could stop the spread of cancer in a time where diagnoses have increased at alarming rates.

Metastasis – or the spread – of cancer remains the main cause of death in cancer patients and the vast majority of people with metastatic cancer can only be treated, but not cured.

As most are aware, food can have a major impact on cancer with fatty acids being the building blocks of fat in the body.

• Well this is another reason to avoid Palm Oil
2 Likes

Something is going to eventually do me in. In the mean time Leave My Food Alone. Let me enjoy my cancer causing diet.
How to be Perfectly Healthy

1. Don’t breathe airs no good
  2. Don’t eat might die
  3. Don’t drink might die

Are you now perfectly healthy? Yes, but you’re also dead. :grinning: :grinning:

4 Likes

Awww, don’t shoot the messenger :018: I’m just passing on the news.

…bored out of your mind! :joy:

2 Likes

6 Likes

Ahh…thinking outside the box…I like it! :+1:

wait…wait…nope, donuts are made of palm oil

3 Likes

Look let’s be honest at my age if I was to introduce my body to a healthy diet it might shut down. Also

Donuts are made of cloudy fluffy dreams. Palm oil sheesh! :broken_heart: :broken_heart:

What are doughnuts made of … :wink:

1 Like

I was being terribly PC @Omah and acknowledging that our neighbours across the water can’t spell :joy: Also our doughnuts are made of dough… :+1:

1 Like

See my reply to Omah…OUR doughnuts aren’t made of those. Krispy Kremes?! Doughnuts aren’t crispy…Although it would be nice…

If you’re talking about the meme. The only reason I kept typing it that way was I looked at your reponse, and thought OK maybe that’s how they spell it. LMAO right now

1 Like

:018: Not a chance of wheedling your way out of that one, Danny…we spell things proper we do! :joy: I’d love to do a taste comparison test actually, and see how UK/US foods compare with each other!

1 Like

No wheedling, that was the truth. I agree about comparisons, I do however draw the line at Blood Pudding. :nauseated_face:

Oh yes, with you on that one…can’t STAND the stuff…disgusting :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Scallops with bacon, black pudding and colcannon

https://www.buryblackpuddings.co.uk/

:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:

2 Likes

No, no, nope…doesn’t matter how fancy you make it… :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

Everything else, yes…black pudding is an abomination :frowning:

3 Likes

Oh I am sooooo with you on this! Yuck, yuck and thrice yuck, as Frankie Howerd might have said. Bleurrgh.

Mind you, when I was a little kiddie I got proper put off pink icing after my mum told me the colouring (cochineal) was made from crushed beetles :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Nah! Count Dracula told me it was fine!

Never did him any harm!

1 Like

Ugh…Sheba!! I bet she was kidding though :wink:

Feel free to eat my portion then, Ted…

…errr, actually, why are you hanging around with him, he is such a bad influence!

1 Like

No she wasn’t! Didn’t you know? It takes 70,000 cochineal insects to produce 1 kg of red food colouring.

1 Like