Everybody is good at cooking something?

What are you good at Cooking?
I very often make Beef Lasagne, Moussaka, Pasta Carbonara, Egg and Bacon Pies.
Sausage Rolls,

I make a lovely Argentine guiso .

Google tells me - Stew -
Lentil Stew?

1 Like

More like a Lancashire hot pot .

1 Like

I think I make a good gravy.

2 Likes

Bacon omelettes

2 Likes

Delicious. I think I will make that for breakfast tomorrow. :yum:

1 Like

When we lived in Portugal we were younger and ate more meat. I love good pork, never found anything special like the Portuguese stuff here in the UK. Apart from roasts, I was into the local recipes, a favourite was a pork stew, the dark cuts, with two different types of chorizo, black and red, thrown in, and handfuls of fresh coriander, garlic, red wine and paprika. That the main ingredients, delicioso.

2 Likes

I make a mean spag bol sauce. absolutely nothing like the Italian version as it has chilli, Garum Masala (sp?), oregano, Aldi’s Chunky Vegetable Pasta Sauce (the only thing I buy from Aldi) and beef or pork mince, plus any odd spices that I add on a whim.

Usually makes enough for 5 meals, I freeze it then defrost it in a bamboo steamer above the spaghetti. Also works well with rice.

2 Likes

Not cooking, but I used to bake a banana bread that people raved over.

4 Likes

My cooking can be very hit or miss, think Mrs Cropley, Vicar of Dibley

But my lot love my moussaka. I make a huge one and freeze it in smaller portions, and hungry offspring always raid and take some home :rofl:

4 Likes

@Bretrick If there is a proper recipe available, then I can cook it.

1 Like

I just made marmalade, i was always put off by the memory of my mother sweating over a pan you could cook children in and a million empty coffee jars. Today though, sooner than waste 2 tangerines and 2 lemons, i dont like waste and already have a stock of dehydrated so i took the plunge.

3 Likes

Are you like me and cant make exactly the same thing twice in a row?

1 Like

Useless at cooking. If I can’t stick it in the microwave and wait for the ‘ping’, then it’s usually too much trouble.

1 Like

I dont have a microwave, i think theyre the devils work lol. I tend to batch cook and freeze then ive stuff in for when i cant be bothered.

1 Like

I love to cook junk food but from scratch so I can control what goes into it. Think Pizza, Chinese, Indian, KFC, Burgers etc but I do make some good wholesome grub as well occasionally.

2 Likes

Doesnt matter what you cook, if its made from scratch at least you get to choose what goes in. Then theres the whole process, its so mindful. At least cooking for one is… im far more adventurous cooking for myself, if i mess it up theres only me got to eat it.

3 Likes

I love moussaka but I have only made it once. I think it took me all day! It is the most high maintenance dish I have cooked.

2 Likes

I made this recipe as a request for a special birthday celebration recently & everyone said it was really delicious. I used a slow cooker and the meat was v tender and falling off the bone. I really enjoyed it too & would love to make it again but it was so much effort. I’m getting to the stage where I am all cooked out and just look for simple easy meals that hit the right spot.

1 Like