Eurovision song Contest 2019

It’s the time of year again!

Personally I can’t stand it because for some time it’s been a political pissing contest with jurors ignoring the music and concentrating on the country.

It was only because of the outstanding quality of the song by this year’s host that there was no escaping the final result.

So hopefully this year the only thing to be watched will be the singing and the only thing to hear will be the music instead of any form of political protest from placard to stage invasion.

Or terrorist attack.

After all the venue this year is Tel Aviv Tues to Sat this coming week.

I strongly suspect there will be nothing significant that takes place because the target of opportunity will be adults protected by the IDF in one form of another.

That’s not the ideal target for cowardly SOB’s. They much prefer the innocent just going about their everyday lives.

I don’t watch it but I predict we won’t get any points this year,
I don’t think we are very popular in Europe I can’t think why :lol:

Ain’t THAT the truth!

For a few years now it’s just been about countries voting for their neighbors, regardless of the quality of the song, they have altered the voting from last time I think, but I didn’t notice any difference,

I gave up on it years ago, I’m afraid.

Not only did I find most of the songs boring, but the blatant politics made such a mockery of the whole thing, I considered it a pointless exercise.

Let’s face it, most of the winning songs melted away into oblivion shortly afterwards, so I rest my case.

this is our entry from Ireland let me know what you think of it

Not memorable in any way, sorry!

Rather nice!

I really hope Ireland does well.

… bit of a laugh innit?

If it puts countries like latvia & lithuania on the map, then I’m all for it.

They do of course know that Gran Britannia does music par excellence.

It would be interesting to know how many British songs and songs by British singers/groups are bought in the Eastern European countries, Top Ten stuff, I mean, compared with indigenous songs.

It’s a catchy tune, The Artful Dodger. I don’t like ours. I wanted another to get it, can’t remember which one now so I guess none were remarkable.

I’ve not heard any of the entrants other than the Irish and that was on here.

My hope is that there’s no chattering takes place.

Chattering from AK47’s that is.

I think we should be grateful they can’t give minus scores this year but I’m hopeful that we won’t be allowed to enter again.

About 5 years ago when I first heard Australia had been accepted into Eurovision I thought it was a joke. I thought…" Yeah trust the Aussies. They’ve probably entered Dame Edna to stir things up" Then I realised it was not a joke. I still fell over laughing. Why in twenty seven kinds of $^@!! would Australia enter Eurovision!? I never even watched it before that. Then a couple of years ago…We came second???..Unbelievable. So this year I’m going to give it a go. Because our entrant is an amazing young multi- talented lady name Kate Miller-Heidke. No long story…Notwithstanding the…ah hem…costume…Just give her a look. Good luck to all. :slight_smile:

One thing that did give me a laugh is that Turkey are refusing to participate (good) because they objected to the inclusion of LGBT - no, not sandwiches this time - as contestants.

I suspect that Conchita Wurst (Wurst? That’s a sausage - oh wait!) Upset them no end as they’ve probably got fed up with hairy women at home!

Google Conchita Wurst, “she’s” quite a dish though I prefer bratwurst!

Not a lot, Feey, sorry.

It may be the Irish entry - but - the girl looks and sounds like an american bimbo, badly bleached hair and over made up. Not nice at all.

Well, that just goes to show how much it is not a song contest!

Australia’s entry, definitely not my favourite song of hers but she has an amazing voice and good songs is not what Eurovision is about.

A technically excellent voice, very interesting song, and amazing visuals. Wouldn’t be surprised if it won.
(Reminded me of Kate Bush a bit).

However, I didn’t understand a single word she sang! Was it in English?

Maybe I’m and old curmudgeon, but I’m amazed that this travesty of a ‘music’ competition still goes on. It seems to be a showcase for the lowest common denominator in vapid pop music. Bah Humbug, Grumble Grumble…