Eurovision song Contest 2019

Where’s the Brotherhood of Man when you need 'em?

LOL!

Hope they’ve not morphed into the Muslim Brotherhood!

Trying to raise the Jew/Muslim issue again, via a back door this time Art ? Don’t bother.

No, I won’t be watching this junky programme as it has gone down the pan in the last few years . All glizt and glamour but the song writers of the past can’t be repeated and as so many different concepts of music are now presented, how can we have an ear to appreciated stuff that comes out of Albania or Romania, whereas the Greeks can appreciate it more.

There is one thing I’ll say for last years winner, I honestly hope my grand daughters never try to imitate her and her ugly postures.

Oh come on, the bloody thing is taking place in Tel Aviv!

Of course the potential for a terrorist attack is elevated massively for that reason alone!

Even last year there was a stage invasion and the protests about the venue have been taking place since the start of the year.

Sounds like Evanescence with Bjork overtones.

I couldn’t understand how Australia got into the European song contest in the first place. I still don’t know how or why, the song contest is pants.

Eurovision??
When was Australia in Europe?

At some point the Eurovision song contest was changed from being a European song contest to a song contest run by Eurovision open to pretty much any country that wants to compete.

Eurovision is a member of the European Broadcasting Union

She was classically trained at a conservatory of music (Brisbane I think) but decided not to pursue Opera after being offered a place with the Sydney Opera because she thought the status of opera singers was too low. She also suffered (more recently) post natal depression which is what the song is about.

I know all this because she was featured on last night’s Australian Story on ABC TV

Europe is a very fluid place, many Britains (see these pages) don’t think they are European yet they are allowed to compete. Australians tend to think the same so it is only fair they be allowed to compete also.

Europe is a very fluid place, many Britains (see these pages) don’t think they are European yet they are allowed to compete. Australians tend to think the same so it is only fair they be allowed to compete also.

I see all points here. I guess it’s a bit like some companies that start off in a very small and specific geographical area and have a name that reflects that. Viz Q - eensland A-nd N-orthern T-erritory A-ir S-ervice (QANTAS) Then they expand until they are all over the world. I guess they can’t call themselves “Worldvision” as the name is taken already but that’s what it will end up probably. I have always seen Britain as part of Europe. Maybe not in a technical sense but all but. You have 24 miles of water separating you? But is Israel strictly part of Europe? Most of Turkey? I Can’t see Africa, South America or South East Asia staying out of it for too much longer. Canada is half French. Why are they not in it?..or are they?

It’s a bit like the EU…we pay massively for it and get nothing in return Nil points again …time we dumped it and let them finance it

Never  thought  about  it  that  way  before  Summer!
  But  l  agree  entirely!

Regards      Donkeyman!

The best entry I’ve seen so far was a few years ago when Ireland entered Dustin the Chicken.

I love Eurovision, it’s brilliant !

:mrgreen:

Good analogy Summer.

Australian Story broadcast on Monday.

Well I like it, and it’s summat to do on a Saturday night…(what an exciting life I live)
I used to love Wogan’s take on it and Graham Norton doesn’t do a bad job either…Perhaps a bit giddy at times!

Mrs Fox and me usually mark the songs out of ten on a piece of paper, but the ones we like never seem to do anything…:frowning:

Anyway, good luck to our song…:wink:

I agree!

Oh bloody 'ell, its that time of year again is it ???

Totally p****d off with this crap show for the past many years.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=n2HKhVBr&id=B0CF6E56B458DEC9FF35B135D6B3F8ECAA7C9DA7&thid=OIP.n2HKhVBrOKHMYl4mfy6rRQAAAA&mediaurl=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2F1b%2F88%2Fec%2F1b88ec3004d2072c83a13a03cf7a8d05.png&exph=350&expw=310&q=yawn+emoticon&simid=607989650780129249&selectedIndex=0&ajaxhist=0

Not watched this carp since the days of Katie Boyle introducing it.