England v Columbia

WE WON WE WON WE WON
A cracking game !:slight_smile:

Well done to the team, what a gripping finale! Well deserved after all that fouling by the other side.

I can take the despair its the hope I can’t stand,no more penalty shoot outs please.

Wow… I feel like a nervous wreck after that, what a game! :soccer:

I’m not a huge football fan by any means but I watched this and I think I’m now hooked!! :038::026:

Have you become comfortably numb?

Lol! Very well put that man haha.
It makes a great couple of days as last night I was in Liverpool watching Roger Waters on stage. It would have been great to have watched this game in Liverpool :004:

Never watched it

Pretty boys, and Cigars, is that a dream?

Very very lucky I thought. After a good start we froze in the 2nd half.
Overall I am not complaining about the result.

Hi

I have just woken up after falling asleep earlier so missed it all.:mrgreen:

You missed a cracker of a game Swimmy :lol:

England don’t do things the easy way. Almost there in normal time, they then give a goal away with a couple of minutes to go. Columbia were a shocking lot, fouling, cheating, play acting. Reminded me of the bad old days of Argentina for example. At last a penalty shootout victory! Certainly was nail
biting stuff.:cool::cool::cool:

Party poopers!

[CENTER]https://pics.me.me/ifitaly-wins-if-mekico-wins-mexico-free-pizza-fgermany-wins-free-34420203.png[/CENTER]

I felt shattered after watching that. I could hear my heart thumping during the penalties. It is a great result but I still worry about going forward. There were some great moves by England, it was like watching proper football but there were also a lot of wasted moments. Tbh, in the second half, Colombia always looked more likely to score.

It’s a shame really that Colombia resorted to such dirty play because when they played properly, they were good.

Still, at least we have now won a penalty shoot out which will give our team a lot of confidence. I’m looking forward to the next game against Sweden and I have warned my cats that I might shout again but there’s no need to go running off. :blush:

Yep good result for our lads, well done to them and the first time England has ever won a penalty shoot out yippee, the curse has now been laid to rest.

LD my wife had to leave the room and couldn’t watch the shoot out as her heart was beating so fast, she left the room and sat on the back steps until it was over and she had calmed down :slight_smile:

:044::044:

Ha ha! Yes I can understand that. I have to admit to peeking through my hands a couple of times too. :lol:

Your wife has my sympathy Basser I hid behind a cushion :slight_smile:

:044:

Agreed, so many passes went adrift in the second half.