England v Columbia

I never watch football, my game is Rugby Union, but I am pleased for all the supporters that England is doing so well!:038:

That’s a good appraisal of the match Longdogs…:wink:

However; I don’t think England won, I think it was Columbia that lost. Had they not played so dirty and given away the penalty in the first half, they would have won, being that the only proper goal was scored by them. The England team put in some great effort, and as is always the case, worked hard right to the end. But they resemble a ‘Damp Firework’ after reading the side of the container, you have some great expectations, and are poised for the explosion that is about to occur; Then out goes the fuse…:frowning:

The Columbians seemed to be playing with fifteen men! Some great passing and making more chances than England, in fact one actually paid off…England on the other hand, had a great build up and then (just like the damp firework) fizzled out and either lost the ball due to a good Columbian defence, or sent it hurtling towards Moscow…

I always feel sorry for the Goalkeepers; who incidentally were by far the best players on the field. I always consider the penalty shootout as been more down to luck than great skill, and as such, the England team will have to pull up their socks (as high as the space station) if they want to progress any further in the competition.

I love England, and I have great respect for our team and indeed Gareth Southgate, and if the world cup can be won on determination, grit and that old ‘Buldog’ spirit we will win it easily, because we have it in spades, but unfortunately it can’t and I’m so apprehensive about their next game…

Signed…
Worried from Doncaster…:frowning:

Hi Worried from Doncaster.

I agree with you 100%. Some of England’s mid-field and defense was excellent but when it came to goal-scoring chances, nothing really paid off. If they intend to go further they need proper goals and can’t simply rely on Harry Kane inviting fouls in the penalty box.

One thing that annoys me is when the ball is passed back to Pickford, he then boots the long ball up and we lose possession. I really can’t see the point in that but then I am no expert and I leave it to the team and Southgate to work it out.

I read today that some of the Colombian players have already received death threats for their mistakes…nice people but I wouldn’t want them as neighbours.

Oh I don’t know. Some of the Colombian women are gorgeous. :wink:

Ok, I will make an exception then :lol:

If you love something, and are passionate about it, winning is not the only thing that matters.

Yes you’re right Longdogs, keeping possession is half the battle, and the other half is having someone who can finish it off…it’s no good kicking the ball up the t’other end if no one is there…:102:

But you’re quote should have read…“I’m no expert and I leave it to the team, Southgate and Gravitas!”…:-D…The well known ‘Belly Dancer’ from Burnley!

Nice guys always come second Spitty…:frowning:

Well thank God for their idiot of a defender to get us on our way. He wasn’t the only one though. It’s as if they hadn’t heard of VAR (not that that always ensures appropriate punishment).

The hapless Henderson was summed up by his timid effort for the penalties. It was him in a nutshell. But thank God we won, not least for Southgate’s future in the way forward beyond this tournament.

I always find it curious how a performance is viewed so much better than it would have been if the result had tipped the other way. As would the individual performances.

Pundits and fans really shouldn’t be getting ahead of themselves, but they are.

Aren’t you just…:lol:

That’s it! I knew I had seen him somewhere. :mrgreen:

Obviously NOT, no. I wouldn’t have said it otherwise.

So you are neither a pundit or a fan? :lol::lol::lol:

It seems that the Welsh lefties are not celebrating…

Well all I can say is Unlucky you bunch of twisted lefty saddos. For that, I’m going to buy a jar of Colombian slave trade coffee.

The Welsh lefties can get stuffed .

All lefties can get stuffed…

Get a grip lad, I’m not one of those who are getting ahead of themselves.

Focus now!

Best get to bed and hope your poor brain is a bit clearer in the morning.

But thanks again for your errr, contribution. Probably best though to post on something more to your understanding.

Something like your favourite flavour of crisps…

Cheese & Onion for me.