Energy: SMART Meters

Nearly a million Brits face being forced onto controversial smart meters as the BBC switches off longwave radio service that tells devices when to switch to low fees (msn.com)

I presume that will be the same so called ‘Smart’ meters that for some do not work and have never worked :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Unfortunately if your meter develops a fault, it is guaranteed 100% that it will be replace with a (not so) smart meter
The plus side of having a (not so) smart meter fitted is that some Utility companies give you a free £50 credit just for having one fitted, alas, they do also have a tendency to go a bit haywire on occasions
Just for information purposes, which is something that Utility companies generally do not mention is,
you have a right to request your (not so) smart meter be reverted back to an ordinary key (payg) meter/credit (bill paying) meter, the very informative Mr Martin Lewis has confirmed as such
Until Mr Martin Lewis mentioned this, i was unaware of such

The funny thing is we have had our smart meters read three time this year, just so the company can be sure we ain’t tampering with it!!!
I give the operator a gob full every time I have to clear the cupboard of clutter so he can see them :angry:

Our water company is now fitting water meters (battery powered) in the street by their external stop cock, they reckon they will not be billing on the strength of them for the next couple of years, this period is supposed to be for folks to re-educate themselves on water usage.