Energy Prices, Fuel Poverty, Director of Ofgem Resigns

The scientists don’t know much, but it’s a good job there are many experts on the internet! :grinning:

Anyway - could you please explain the link between Covid and the energy prices again?

This does not sound right to me.
If I heard someone make that claim, I would want to question the expert to see what that claim was based on.
Where did this figure come from?
How was it calculated?

As this article from 3 months ago explains, it is important to clarify what you are basing your calculations on.

By any calculation, I find it very difficult to believe that the green levy has increased from 8% - 12% only 3 months ago to a massive 40% of our energy costs now!

I tried to find some reference to this GB News expert who said 40% of the cost of our energy goes in green taxes - you’d think such shocking news would be widely reported - but couldn’t find anything about it.

I did find a reference to a tax payers alliance forecast from last January, saying that the green tax burden was on course to increase by more than 40 % during the course of Boris Johnson’s premiership - not to 40%.

Perhaps we shouldn’t have clean chlorinated water, pasteurised milk and central heating either? We may all die earlier but the human race would evolve to be stronger based on our sacrifices.

Hi

Are you sitting down OGF?

We have an NHS crisis due largely to bed blocking, insufficient Carers to look after them outside hospital.

The government have told hospitals to stop routine COVID tests, the care homes, home care providers and even the hospital transport are refusing to deal with patients until they are fully tested.

[quote=“caricature, post:47, topic:93129, full:true”]

https: nearly 400 quid a ton…bloody hell

And even natures natural way of controlling populations Annie…
Good Morning by the way… :039:

good moaning to you too! :grinning:

There’s always one who takes it to the extremes…
:roll_eyes:

haha just keeping it real!

1 Like

Well they would say that wouldn’t they Boot…
However, I wish people would be as questioning over BBC and other main stream media reports as they seem to be with GB news.

Hi

The problem is that evolution takes time.

It has not yet caught up with air travel.

1 Like

Yep, just had breakfast Swimmy…
The NHS seems to be in a bit of a mess just lately. And it’s not just them, everywhere I go I see job vacancies and all you hear in the shops is ‘Staff Shortages’ as excuses for empty shelves and sloppy service…What the hell is going on in this country?

Who would say what?
I don’t care which media outlet you heard it on, whether it was GB News or BBC, it is the statement itself I am questioning

“ that we are paying 40% of the cost of our energy in green taxes.”

no matter where I heard it or saw that statement, I would think it sounds unlikely and would not just believe it because someone heralded as an expert said it. I would try to find out the basis of the claim and how it was calculated.
That is why I am questioning it.

If the scientists don’t know much about it yet, where have you got all your information from…and is it reliable?

Talking of the price cap, who will rush to buy an electric car .

2 Likes

isn’t the green levy paying for things such as electric car charging points?

1 Like

Hi

What I can’t work out is how are they going to do terrace housing with no front garden parking.

Loads of historic places have these and you have no reserved parking.

There will be leads all over the pavement

2 Likes

And a load of metal theft, leading to a load of tripped rcd fuses (and loss of food due to freezers turning off), and a lot of hurt people who cut it accidentally touch live cables.

I see it as a pension/benefits cut, thru the backdoor…

1 Like

i had to pay for my own to power up the converted defender ev. it does go like the clappers though.

1 Like