Energy Prices, Fuel Poverty, Director of Ofgem Resigns

• Well its all going to pot now isn’t it? :scream:
2 Likes

Don’t panic … Ms Truss will have a solution … :icon_rolleyes:

1 Like

I dread to think what that might be…:scream: She’ll be running courses in candle making and doing show and tells on how to make your own medieval torch :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Hi

The Directors of Ofgen are in an impossible position.

They are having to try manage an unworkable situation created by Government.

Market Forces mad we are and now literally paying the price

3 Likes

I saw this…

1 Like

I blame the Tories, but then I would, wouldn’t I … :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Well, nobody else is responsible as far as I can tell :icon_evil: I mean, they aren’t even doing anything about it, for goodness sake…too busy swanning around the world on holiday! No limits on their kettle boiling or heating is there. Wonder how many KWH it takes to cook their fancy dinners?!!

Sorry, I’m ranting aren’t I…:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

1 Like

The Tories sold everything that wasn’t nailed down, and now all the companies are run to line the pockets of shareholders instead of keeping prices down. I know France has re-nationalised it’s power companies, probably other countries too. But our greedy snouts in troughs government won’t do anything that would affect them financially.

4 Likes

I’m reading this at the moment

by Richard Murphy, and details how we might survive the financial crisis should the Govt decide they want to do so.

Interesting Omah. I suppose one ought to consider whether UK energy prices had historically been lower/suppressed. If so, then it would (partially) explain why the proportional leap is so high.

Hi

There seems to be a competition going on as to who can forecast the highest costs next April.

The Mail is now quoting a price of £6000 a year.

1 Like

Its getting quite ridiculous now, isn’t it. And still we have no government word from who ever is in charge, as to making things change for the better.

S’funny, I was thinking how “well timed” all this palaver is…government crisis, cost of living, energy prices skyrocketing, blackouts…all in time for winter. It’s like the final push to get us all to behave and resign ourselves to a rubbish life from here on in.

(Come back Foxy, I’m starting to believe you now!)

1 Like

I’m here Pixie… :039:
I’m not convinced that Putin is responsible for all the things that are happening in this country at present. We’ve had lockdowns, vaccines which the government paid for, hotel bills for immigrants, HS2, the war in Ukraine. But the main cause of our price rises are I believe is net zero and the green revolution. On GB news t’other night an energy expert pointed out that we are paying 40% of the cost of our energy in green taxes. Saving the planet is a luxury that we simply can not afford and it’s the poor who will have to bear the brunt of the cost. To think that the UK is only responsible for 1% of man made CO2 produced in the world.
Boris reckons that the British public will stand strong against Putin and even go cold and hungry through the winter…I wonder how right he is if there was a poll to that effect.

People compare Putin’s actions to the threat that Hitler made. The Ukraine is not Poland, and Putin poses no threat to the rest of Europe, whereas Hitler was already storming into other countries. Putin is protecting his borders, and we are not the strong man in the world that we were then. Considering that most of our steel is manufactured in China, and every shop contains Chinese or Asian goods, and most of our services and communications are foreign owned by countries in the EU who are beginning to doubt their involvement in the Ukraine crisis, it doesn’t bode well if we went toe to toe with Russia. Forget American help, we are at the front, and with American military sites based here, will be the first to be attacked.

Ukraine Conflict

1 Like

@PixieKnuckles Perhaps they dont read the daily mail ?? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

@OldGreyFox , The only thing l can see wrong in your post OGF, is that
we were paying the 40% green levy long before Putin cut the gas supply,
It was the capitalist market system that put the price up ??
Putin obviously understood this and used it to help him win the economic
war with the west ?? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

There is so much wrong with this that I don’t know where to start! OGF thanks for a classic post.

1 Like

Hi

The thing is OGF,if we did not have green energy we would be more reliant on gas.

We deep mine coal and that is incredibly expensive to do.

Hi

Well now we know how bad it is

The system has been entirely privatised so little ti government can do

Hi

How others see the problem.

Others see it as simply a result of Government Policy as to why our bills have increased so much more than others have