Emmerdale

Very impressed with Lesley Dunlop’s acting, all through the cancer and now the discovery her daughter was murdered. She won’t get any awards because this is Emmerdale but she deserves one for this.

That’s true!

True as well. I loved it when she slapped Debbie: well overdue!!! Now she’s locking her doors and acting scared. Not such a cocky little madam now, are we?! :smiley:

Just caught up on Omnibus! Great acting from Cameron, really manic!

Cameron looked like he had lost the plot last night.
Debbie gets on my nerves, seems to think she is better than the rest of the Dingles. No matter what happens, she always has a chip on her shoulder.
Glad Brenda gave her a good slap, Cain or Charity should have given her a good slap at some time.

Like the relationship between Cain and Moira.

This was extremely well-acted, especially by Cameron, although I’ve never liked the character.

They can only play the parts they’re given and some are played well, and some are less than special.

I’m glad poor Brenda gave Debbie a wanger across the chops as she deserved it, but I think we’re going to see a new side to Debbie now, perhaps even a little more humble and respectful of Charity and Cain. I don’t think her mum or dad should have slapped her because they’re the ones who gave her up in the first place, so they have been trying to recompense for that.

Don’t forget, she’s got a chip on her shoulder because her mum and dad disowned her as a baby, so she is dysfunctional. I’m not excusing her. Just seeing a different side to her.

I felt so sad for the young Debbie when she arrived in Emmerdale in 2002 looking for her mother.

In earlier accounts of Emmerdale Charity was 13 when Debbie was born and Cain was 15. Charity’s parents threw her out when they found she was pregnant and she worked as a prostitute, putting Debbie in care. Cain never knew about Debbie. In some later accounts Charity’s birth date is given as 1975 which makes her 14 when Debbie was born.

Yes me too sadly didn’t take her long to turn into a sour faced madam though who doesn’t deserve any sympathy really.

Yes Julie, but that’s just the point of Debbie. It’s all front with her, showing herself to be the hard knock like her mum and dad but I think this incident with Cameron has brought out the vulnerability in her, and when she came out of the house and Cain hugged her so tightly, then she knew she wasn’t as hard as she’s tried to show on the outside.

Yes, Charity was 14 when Debbie was born, and I also remember her coming to the village and showing a photo of Charity to somebody, but I disremember to whom she showed it.

Was it Emily she played a huge part in Debbie’s earlier story lines.

There is no Emily in Emmerdale, lass. Do you mean Edna? I can’t remember.

Emily was Paddy’s wife when Debbie came into the show, they adopted/fostered Debbie which was how she came to be in the village. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Kirk

Oh yes, she’d been married to Butch. I’d forgotten about that.

I love Emmerdale, and it has so many twists and turns and at the moment, it’s concentrating on poor Amy and her son Kyle, but the poor lass is going about things the wrong way. :cry:

I see Emmerdale has pinched Corrie’s storyline with young men pairing off with the daughters of the Mothers they were dating previously. Stella’s daughter with her Mum’s ex, and now Amy with her Mum’s ex too.
There’s the lesbians in Corrie and then the same in Emmerdale. I do like the soaps, but why do they have to keep copying each other all the time?

That’s always been the way, and they also used to copy names from one soap to another. At one point I counted about five names from Corrie, Emmerdale and EastEnders which were the same, all at the same time, but they seem to have ironed out this problem now - I think.

It will always happen there are a limited number of stories they can tell at this time of the evening and doing the vast number of episodes they do stories will increasingly seem to come round time and again.

I’ve always suspected talks between people connected with both soaps. Tim Dynevor, Emmerdale writer, married to Corrie’s Sally, and the two boys Adam (Emmerdale) and Jason (Corrie), real life brothers.

It can’t be coincidence every time!

And Chas’s sister is or was in Corrie.
I could give them some good story-lines based on my two weird marriages! Trouble is people would say they’re too far fetched!

Was she? Oooh, how did I miss that snippet of information? :wink:

She’s that one that was the sister of the factory owners. Can’t remember her name, don’t watch it now. Looks very much like her.